Quiet Time with God - 1

  • John Thimothy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2006
      Introduction

      "The men who have most fully illustrated Christ in their characters,
      and have most powerfully affected the world for Him, have been men
      who spent so much time with God as to make it a notable feature of
      their lives. … . To be little with God is to be little for God."

      --Pastor E.M.Bounds.

      When we observe the life or godly people in Biblical times as well as
      in our own modern times, we see that almost every one of them rose
      early. If we were to scan the pages of Scripture, we won't find the
      phrase "quiet time"; instead we would find the phrase "early morning"
      or early rising spread throughout the Bible. Among other phrases we
      use today to refer to the practice of rising early is "morning
      watch". In our Christian life, these phrases _ "early
      rising", "quiet time", "morning watch" _ all mean the same and bear
      the same fruit, whether in Biblical times or in our own hurried
      modern-day existence. Countless servants of God bear witness to the
      secret of victorious Christian life: quiet time.

      Quiet time is an unhurried period of spending time quietly reading
      the Bible and in prayer. It is crucial to your relationship with
      God.

      But do remember: While your quiet time may always include Bible
      reading, it may not necessarily include in-depth Bible study. So when
      meditating on Scripture, be sure you adequately understand what the
      passage means before you apply the teachings to your life.

      Regards
      G J Thimothy
      http://www.brotherthimothy.com
      For prayer request call us at 9841325568