Nehemiah 10:1-30

  • Bible Studies
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2005
      Hi,

      When you read this portion you will get bored!!. Because it contains list of
      87 leaders and several People. These people are divided into
      4 groups

      1. our princes (nehemiah 9:38)
      2. Levites (nehemiah 9:38)
      3. priests (nehemiah 9:38)

      And the rest of the people. (nehemiah 10:20)

      And the 87 peoples names are written in reverse order Preists first (1-8)
      Levites Second (9-13) cheif of the people(14-27) and the rest of people.

      Covenant made: And these people made a covenant. And regarding to covent
      every detail is given in Numbers 30 and especially we read Numbers 30:2 " If
      a man vow a vow unto the LORD, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a
      bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do
      according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth." After Ezra read portion
      from deuteronomy these elders encouraged people to take decisions. And
      people responded to the Gods call and they made a vow unto God.

      As new testament beleivers we wont take vow before God because Jesus
      commanded in Mathew 5:34 "But I say unto you, Swear not at all;" because we
      are not Lords or controllers of any thing. We have no authority on any
      thing. Jesus exposed the weak ness in the vows. Now as new testament
      beleivers we should have this commitmnet in our lives."But let your
      communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these
      cometh of evil." (Mathew 5:37). This particular command from God gives us
      transformation in our Character and our commitment to our words.

      We will close this small message with differentiating the vow and
      commitment.
      Vow
      ====
      1. Done with mutual agreement between God and man 2. If we fullfill God will
      Bless us (material blessings) other wise there may be punishment 3. People
      minds may be filled with fear Because of negative impact of the vow.

      Commitemnt:
      =============
      1. Comes with teh confession with our mouth (same as vow) 2. If we fulfill
      it God will reward us in heaven even we may loss some thing while fulfulling
      3. People seeks the mercy of God. No fear because of propitiation work of
      Lord Jesus Christ. Next column we will see what Nehemiah and people taken
      vow before God and we see in what areas we can take comitment

      Regards
      G J Thimothy

      Job hunting? Get the right one!
      http://creative.mediaturf.net/creatives/timesjobs/hotmail_TOL.htm Log on to