Understanding Truth [ Studies from 3john -1]

  • Bible Studies
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2003

      Understanding truth

      Reading Portion: For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.Beloved, I wish F2 above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest i in the truth. (2 John 2,3)

      Meaning of truth: In 3rd John we find the word "truth" several times. What does it mean?. The truth in third john is reality. Every thing you can see, touch, posses and enjoy is not real, but at best a shadow of what ever exists in this universe is but a shadow not real thing.

      Then what is real thing? It is "CHRIST" as reality of every thing. The food you take, the life you live is not real. In order you have real food and real life, you need to have Christ. Since Christ him self is "truth", and he is real food and he is real life. "If you have  the son of God, you have life, If you do not have the son of God, you do not have life" (1 John 5:12).

      Jesus himself told "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man come to the father but by me" (John 14:6).He also said "If you hold to my teaching you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free" (John 8:31,32).

      Understanding truth: In order to understand truth completely. We have to experience this truth by ourselves. In Bible there are 5 which are true. Here the list goes.
          - God is truth (Is 65:16,John 14:6)
          - Word of God is truth (John 17:17)
          - Gospel is truth (
      Galatians 2:5)
          - Church is pillar and foundation of truth (1 Timothy 3:15,15)
          - Covenant of God is truth (Micah 7:20).

      regards
      G J Thimothy

      Are you an Elvis fan? Want to visit Heartbreak Hotel? Here's how you can win a trip!