All are dead in Adam

  • G J Thimothy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2001
      Reading Portion� 1 Corinthian 15

      Reading Portion��1 Corinthian 15:20-24

      Let us divide our reading portion I Corinthian 15:20-22. 1. Christ is risen from the dead 2. He became first fruit among dead 3. People who are fallen asleep 4.By man death came into this world. 5. Resurrection came through man just as death 6. All are dead in Adam 7.In Christ we are living 8.Christ the first fruit 9. We are the harvest.�
      we already discussed about points 1 to 5. You can read about them here (click here to read) . Nowwe are going to discuss about the 5th point.

      6. All are dead in Adam :

      All are dead in Adam:� a. Journey through the Garden of Eden: Let us go back to Adam & Eve at Eden Gardens where Eve was deceived by Satan and Adam fallen in Sin. Observe carefully the terms I used when attaching the short fall of Eve and Adam to them. Death can be defined as "a permanent cessation of all vital functions: the end of life,".�

      Meaning of Death :This is Dictionary meaning. But Bible meaning differs from that death in the Bible never means the end of existence. Instead, it means separation from or the inability to function in a particular realm. In the word Death there are 7 meanings Webster dictionary mentions only 1. (i.e about Physical death). I mentioning them one by one.
      1. Spiritual death is separation from God. As a result of the Fall, all human beings are born spiritually dead, captives of "the domain of darkness" (Gen. 2:17; Col. 1:13; Rom. 6:23).2. Positional death is separation from sin and the sin nature, Every believer is made spiritually alive and placed in Christ at salvation. We now have the ability to choose every moment whether we will serve our old sin nature, which will not be taken away until we die physically, or our new nature (Rom. 6:1-4, 10-11; Gal. 2:20; Col. 2:12,20, 3:3).3. Temporal death is carnality, separation from fellowship with God. Every time we as Christians give in to temptation to sin, we enter temporal death (James 1:15; Rom. 8:2, 6, 13; 1 Tim. 5:6).4. Operational death is separation of our profession of faith from the practice of that faith (James 2:26; Eph. 5:14; 1 John 1:5-6).5.Sexual death is the inability to function sexually (Rom. 4:19-20; Heb. 11:11-12).6. Physical death is the separation of soul and body, the Inability to function in the physical realm (Heb. 9:27; Gen. 5:5).7. The second death is the judgment of unbelievers, eternal separation from God (Rev. 19-20).

      Back to Garden of Eden: Eating from the tree, Satan says, will not bring death; it will bring enlightenment and will cause her to be like God. This, we know from Isaiah 14:13-14, is exactly what Satan wanted for himself. Consider Satan's logic: "You can be like God by rejecting God." The woman is about to swallow the lie.

      When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate. (Gen. 3:6)�

      Notice that the serpent did not mess with Adam; he did not have to. He got to Adam through the woman. Eve was faced with the temptation to be like God. But Adam was faced with an entirely different temptation. When he met her after she had eaten the fruit, he immediately saw that she was not the same woman; she was a fallen creature. He knew instantly that he now had to make a choice between the woman and God.�

      First Timothy 2:14 makes it clear that though Eve was deceived, Adam was not. She believed that if she ate from the tree, she would become like God. Adam did not believe that, for a second. He did not believe that God had held something back from him that was good, and he did not believe that the fruit of the tree was going to enhance him one ounce. He simply made a decision: "Eve has fallen and I can choose her or I can choose God." He chose Eve. This is why the Fall is called "the sin of Adam."�

      Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings. (Gen. 3:7)

      What is Apostles Point here in 1 Corinthans 15 He started this session with Resurrection of Christ. now he is mentioning about all are dead in Christ. Book of Romans started with the same argument First with gentiles telling that they are in sin nad they deliberately chose to believe lies (Romans chapter 1) and jews (Romans 2) and came to a conclusion As the Scriptures say, Romans� 3: 10 "No one is good � not even one. 11�No one has real understanding; no one is seeking God. 12�All have turned away from God; all have gone wrong. No one does good, not even one." 13"Their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave. Their speech is filled with lies." "The poison of a deadly snake drips from their lips."� 14�"Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness." 15�"They are quick to commit murder. 16�Wherever they go, destruction and misery follow them. 17�They do not know what true peace is."� 18�"They have no fear of God to restrain them."
      What about you? Are u really dead ? What is your condition. Are u vague about your spiritual Stand. Come to the presence of Jesus Christ. He will reveal every thing unto u thorugh his Word(Bible).

      Bible Studies

      Bible Teacher

      Are they really dead

      Gospel which changes lives

      List Parables of Jesus Christ[ Picked from other site]

      Our Beloved Brethren (Onesiphorus)

      Some Fulfilled Prophecies[ Picked from other site]

      Our Beloved Brethren (Gideon)

      Our Beloved Brethren (Tychicus)

      Purity In Christianity

      Regards