Fw: A Christian Response to Terrorism

  • G J Thimothy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2001
      Terrorism

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: info@...
      Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 3:51 AM
      Subject: A Christian Response to Terrorism

      A Special Message From Back to the Bible

      Tuesday, September 11th

      Woodrow Kroll

      real audio
      Agree with Dr. Kroll in prayer for the victims of this tragedy

      Trade Center
      Courtesy USAToday

      real audio
      Listen to a 6 minute interview with associate pastor Toledo from Brooklyn Tabernacle Church

      Victims
      Courtesy CNN

      "When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul."
      Psalm 94:19

      *All text taken from www.backtothebible.org

      Dear Mr. Thimothy,

      This is the most difficult day of my life. That apparent terrorist attacks could bring such death and destruction to unsuspecting people is absolutely unthinkable. Yet the numbers of the dead and wounded from these attacks will be extraordinary.

      In the midst of our stunned disbelief, as Christians we must respond appropriately. How are we to do so? Here's what I glean from God's Word.

      First, trust God fully and solely. Psalm 119:114, "You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word." God has proven Himself to be trustworthy in the past; He can be trusted now.

      Second, have courage in the face of tragedy. "Be strong and of good courage...Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go" (Joshua 1:5-7,9). This is the time for our nation to be strong, and Christians are the strength of our nation.

      Third, as Christians we have both the privilege and the responsibility to pray. The situation is serious, but God is strong. "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know" (Jeremiah 33:3).

      Here are some prayer points:

      the victims and families of the World Trade Center attack
      the victims of other apparent terrorist attacks throughout the country
      the President and his aides as they formulate a response
      the response of Christians who minister to those who hurt

      Fourth, don't give up hope. The psalmist asked, "Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me?" and then he responded, "Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him" (Psalm 43:5).

      God is in control. Trust Him and pray without ceasing. Hope in God.

      By His Grace,

      Woodrow Kroll
      President and Senior Bible Teacher

      Further reading to help process the recent events:
      How to Handle Calamity
      Why Does God Allow Suffering?
      Sustaining Hope

      BTTB logo

      Mr. Thimothy, to remove yourself from this mailing, simply click here to unsubscribe. Include the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. Thank you.