Re: [bible-studies] questions about your choice

  • Terry Calabrese
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2000
      Hi Jesse,
      I am satisfied with my religion because I love the Lord Jesus. If
      you call on His name, if you say to Him: Lord Jesus, come into my heart,
      Lord Jesus be my Savior, He will do just that.

      It's a matter of personal love. The Christian people I know love the
      Lord Jesus and they want others to have the same experience.

      Terry from southern California

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2000
        Interesting you say this but who said Christianity is a religion?

        Christianity is institutionalized for profit and power and shown to be a
        religion and yet God did not give Abraham a religion but Abraham had faith
        in God and followed his commandments, the prophecy for Jesus was given in
        Gen 3:15 so that does not make it a new religion but continuation of the
        same message.

        It's not christianity that is correct but Jesus that is correct and brought
        about salvation according to God's will.

        Jesus is the only way to the truth and there is only one truth not one of
        many...

        John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one
        comes to the Father except through Me.

        Simon

        PS BTW I was a Muslim who converted two years ago and became a Christian
        because of the only truth in Jesus!

        Hello everyone. I want to thank all that responded to my previous
        questions about Genesis, which I have been think about very much.

        However, I do have one very important question: why do all of you
        feel that Christianity is the 'right' religion?
        I have to wonder, that of all of the religions that exist in the
        world, why Christianity is correct. Or do you feel that there is no
        'correct' religion? That perhaps most religions really are doing the
        same things?

        This is something that really troubles me, because of how passionate
        many people are regarding their religions. Religions throughout
        history have oft been the cause of much bloodshed. How can any side
        justify their actions?

        Thank you very much, to all, for your time.
        -Jesse Farmer

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Jan ms
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5 3:44 AM
          Hello all,

          i have some questions for the christians ,

          Trinity;
          you christians believe that ,Jesus was God-incarnate,
          full man and full God. Can the finite and the infinite
          be one? "To be full" God means freedom from finite
          forms and from helplessness, and to be "full man"
          means the absence of divinity.

          1-To be son is to be less than divine and to be divine
          is to be no one’s son. How could Jesus have the
          attributes of sonship and divinity altogether?

          2.You Christians assert that Jesus claimed to be God
          when they quote him in John 14:9: "He that has seen me
          has seen the Father". Didn’t Jesus clearly say that
          people have never seen God, as it says in John 5:37:
          "And the father himself which Has sent me, has borne
          witness of me. You have NEITHER HEARD HIS VOICE AT ANY
          TIME NOR SEEN HIS SHAPE"?

          3-.If God is one and three simultaneously, then none
          of the three could be the complete God. Granting that
          such was the case, then when Jesus was on earth, he
          wasn’t a complete God, nor was the "father in Heaven"
          a whole God. Doesn’t that contradict what Jesus always
          said about His God and our God in heaven, his Lord and
          our Lord ?

          a-know therefore this day, and consider [it] in
          thine heart, that the LORD he [is] God in heaven
          above, and upon the earth beneath: [there is] none
          else." Deuteronomy 4:39.

          b-"Thou shalt have no other gods before me." Exodus
          20:3

          c-"For thou shalt worship no other god: for the
          LORD, whose name [is] Jealous, [is] a jealous God:"
          Exodus 34:14

          d-"Ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my
          servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and
          believe me, and understand that I [am] he: before me
          there was no God formed, neither shall there be after
          me. I, [even] I, [am] the LORD; and beside me [there
          is] no savior." Isaiah 43:10-11.

          e-"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his
          redeemer the LORD of hosts; I [am] the first, and I
          [am] the last; and beside me [there is] no God."
          Isaiah 44:6

          f-"That they may know from the rising of the sun,
          and from the west, that [there is] none beside me. I
          [am] the LORD, and [there is] none else." Isaiah 45:6
          "For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God
          himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath
          established it, he created it not in vain, he formed
          it to be inhabited: I [am] the LORD; and [there is]
          none else." Isaiah 45:18.

          g-"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of
          the earth: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else."
          Isaiah 45:22

          4-Does that also mean that there was no complete god
          then, between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed
          resurrection?

          5-Christians say that: "The Father(F) is God, the
          Son(S) is God, and the Holy Ghost(H) is God, but the
          Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Holy Ghost,
          and the Holy Ghost is not the Father". In simple
          arithmetic and terms therefore, if F = G, S = G, and H
          = G, then it follows that F = S = H, while the second
          part of the statement suggests that F ¹ S ¹ H
          (meaning, "not equal"). Isn’t that a contradiction to
          the Christian dogma of Trinity in itself ?

          6-If belief in the Trinity was such a necessary
          condition for being a Christian, why didn’t Jesus
          teach and emphasize it to the Christians during his
          time? How were those followers of Jesus considered
          Christians without ever hearing the term Trinity? Had
          the Trinity been the spinal cord of Christianity,
          Jesus would have emphasized it on many occasions and
          would have taught and explained it in detail to the
          people.

          7-Christians claim that Jesus was God as they quote in
          John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word
          was with God, and the Word was God". This is John
          speaking and not Jesus. Also, the Greek word for the
          first occurrence of God is HOTHEOS which means "the
          God" or "God" with a capital "G", while the Greek word
          for its second occurrence is "TONTHEOS", which means
          "a god " or "god" with a small "g". Isn’t this
          dishonesty and inconsistency on the part of those
          translating the Greek Bible? ? Isn’t such quotation in
          John 1:1 recognized by every Christian scholar of the
          Bible to have been written by a Jew named Philo
          Alexandria way before Jesus and John?

          8-Wasn’t the word "god" or "TONTHEOS" also used to
          refer to others as well as in II Corinthians 4:4 "(and
          the Devil is) the god of this world" and in Exodus 7:1
          "See , I have made thee (Moses ) a god to Pharaoh"?

          Salvation;
          9-Christians say that "GOD LOST His only son to save
          us". To whom did God lose Jesus if he owns the whole
          universe?

          10- If it was agreeable with God’s Majesty to have
          sons, He could have created a million sons the like of
          Jesus. So what is the big clear deal about this only
          son?

          11-Why does the Bible say that Jesus wanted to die on
          the cross, when the one on the cross was shouting "My
          God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" according to
          Matthew 27:45 and Mark 15:33?

          12- If God had wanted to save us, couldn’t He have
          done that without sacrificing Jesus?

          13- God is Just, and justice requires that nobody
          should be punished for the sins of others, nor should
          some people be saved by punishing other people.
          Doesn’t the claim that God sacrificed Jesus to save us
          because He was Just, contradict the definition of
          justice?

          14- People sacrifice things they have to get something
          they don’t have when they can’t have both. Christians
          say that "God SACRIFICED His only son to save us". We
          know that God is Almighty; to whom did He sacrifice
          Jesus?

          15- A real sacrifice is when you can’t get back what
          you have offered , so what would be the big deal about
          such a sacrifice if God could recover the same
          offering? (according to the Christians’ terminology)?

          16- If all the Christians are saved through Jesus and
          are going to Heaven no matter what they do, then the
          teachings of Jesus are irrelevant and the definition
          of good and bad are also rendered irrelevant. If this
          is not so, then do Christians who believe in Jesus yet
          do not follow his teachings nor repent go to Hell?

          17- How can Christians take deeds as irrelevant after
          becoming one when Jesus says in Matthew 12:36; "But I
          say unto you that every idle word that men shall
          speak, they shall give account thereof in the Day of
          Judgment. For by the words thou shalt be justified,
          and by the words thou shalt be condemned"?

          18- Christians say that people go to Heaven ONLY
          THROUGH JESUS, yet Paul says in 1 CORINTHIANS 7:8-16
          that the unbelieving husband is acceptable to God
          because he is united with his wife and vice versa, and
          their pagan children are also acceptable to God. So
          people can go to heaven without believing in Jesus
          according to this.

          Holy Spirit;
          The only place in the Bible where the Paraclete was
          called the Holy Spirit is in John 14:26 "But the
          Paraclete, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send
          in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to
          your remembrance all that I have said to you". What
          has the Holy Spirit brought or taught for the last
          2000 years?

          19-Christians say that the Paraclete means the Holy
          Spirit (John 14;26). Jesus said in John 16:7-8 "If I
          do not go away the Paraclete will not come to you".
          This could not mean the Holy spirit, since the Holy
          spirit was said to have been there before Jesus was
          even born as in Luke 1:41 "Elizabeth was filled with
          the Holy Spirit". Here, the Holy spirit was also
          present during Jesus life time. So how could this fit
          with the condition that Jesus must go away so that the
          Holy spirit will come?

          20-In John 16:7-8, it says: "But if go, I will send
          him to you. And when he comes, he will convict the
          world of sins and of righteousness and of Judgment".
          What do "he" and "him" refer here? Don’t they refer to
          a man?

          21-Does the Holy Spirit talk to good Christians and
          bad Christians as well? Is the Holy spirit with them
          all the time or just at certain times? When does it
          start visiting a person who wants to become a
          Christian?

          22-How can you as a Christian tell if the Holy Spirit
          is inside another Christian? How come many Christians
          fooled people by claiming that the Holy spirit was
          inside them only to be converted to another religion
          later on ?

          Mission Of Jesus;

          Without borrowing from other religions and systems,
          can Christianity provide people with a complete way of
          life? Since Christianity is limited to spiritual life
          and does not provide law, how can a society decide
          which laws are right or wrong?

          23-Why do the Christians say that Jesus came with a
          universal mission when he said that he was sent to the
          Jews only? He said to the Canaanite woman who asked
          him to heal her daughter from demon-possession: "I was
          sent ONLY to the lost sheep of Israel" and also said:
          "It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss
          it to their dogs", Matthew 15:21-28.

          Jan MS

          =====
          There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery which may never come, Today is a gift that Allah has given us.!!!!