[bible-studies] Gods Great Salvation

  • jonthi@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 1999
      Document Title

      God's Great Salvation (1)

      The nature of Sin Sin is Lawlessness I John 3,4 (J.N.Darby) We often make the error of evaluating sin. Today's Text tells us what sin is. It does not mean the transgression of any particular law; it rather signifies a negative or hostile attitude towards God and the standard He requires of His creation, which is of perfection, nothing less. God does not need to classify sins according to their gravity.

      Scripture says ;All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God ;(Romans 2:23). Since Glory is the manifestation of perfection, we thus understand that no - one born of human parentage has ever attained that standard, nor ever will.

      Sin originated through the disobedience to God. In the Garden of Eden God Gave Adam a single command. It is soon disregarded. There we have a clear instance of sin of lawlessness or rebellion: any readiness to submit to God's authority was cast aside under Satan's influence. Through that sin Adam and Eve's innocence vanished forever. They that tainted with evil for the rest of their lives and, in addition able to distinguish between good and evil. A further serious consequence of their action was that offspring inherited their sinful nature, So that none of us is exempt from this effect.

      In our lifetime we commit sins regularly: they are the fruit of our nature. It is possible that the consequences of our sins will carry over into eternity. Unless we avail ourselves of God's Gracious pardon in faith by accepting the mediation Christ, who suffered God's Judgement on our behalf, we ourselves must bear the punishment ordained by God for sin: everlasting torment in hell.

      God's Great Salvation (2):

      Forgiveness Jesus Christ in whom we have redemption through his blood the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of his Grace Ephesians 1,7 . Forgiveness occurs when an offended person willingly terminates any feelings of anger or bitterness and no longer desires to punish or avenge the wrongs done to him or her. A readiness to pardon is activated, but it is an act of sheer grace .The offending party has no right to expect forgiveness, since he has a dept of guilty.If we try to consider the God's position in this respect, we can only wonder at the abundance of grace that he has exercised towards the sinners as today's verse makes clear.

      In this case it is not a question of a single wrong that has offended him: each of us committed sins en masse, For which thing's sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience(Colossians 3: 6) But we receive Christ as Savior our sins are washed away through the blood of the true sin offering (cf. Revelation 1:5). Then we experience God's love and forgiveness: God commandeth his love towards us, in that, while we were sinners, Christ died for us. Much, more then being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him (Romans 5:8,9)

      What a comfort it is known that God's righteous judgement of sin has been averted by Jesus Christ for all whom put their trust in Him! . Here we have forgiveness on a scale unknown in the whole of man's history, and are available to each one of us, however enormous or minimal out amount of guilt amounts to. Put your trust in the Savior of Sinners.

      God's Great Salvation (3):

      Propitiation Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be propitiation through faith in his blood Romans 3:24,25.The word Propitiation in the above text should be translated to mercy seat. This was place where in the holiest of in the tabernacle and the temple where the High priest sprinkled blood annually on the Day of Atonement to enable God to show mercy to Israel. The publican had this in mind when he invoked God's mercy (Luke 18,13). He said in effect: Show mercy towards me as you saw the blood on the mercy seat.

      Propitiation establishes a basis on which an offended party can be satisfied, Since justice has been done, Man sin was an affront to God. Whose holiness and righteousness demanded that the harm done should be made good? God had threatened Adam with death, should he transgress the one prohibition given in the Garden of the Eden. But Adams death did not and could not satisfy God for the consequences ensued through his transgressions. Sin passed upon all men ; (Romans 5: 12).

      To satisfy God, the Man Christ has to Die, The perfection of His scarifies met all God Righteous demands. In the First epistle Christ is twice referred to as the proposition, in the first instance ; for our sins but also for the whole world; (Ch 2:v 2) in the second instance as the One ;Sent to be the propitiation for our sins (ch 4:v10). These scriptures stress two facts. First God, not fallen man, was operative in the work of redemption. Secondly the efficacy of Christ's work sufficed to deal with all sins, and being satisfied, God was able to act in Grace toward sinners. But the work of salvation must be appropriate in faith.

      God's Great Salvation (4)

      Reconciliation When we were enemies, we reconciled to God by the death of his son. We also Joy in God through our lord Jesus Christ by now we have received the reconciliation Romans 5:10,11 Reconciliation is the restoration of peace between two parties who were in conflict or at enmity. The disagreement or hostility could have risen because either one or both parties had offended the other. However, only an offending party can be reconciled .

      The Bible advocates reconciliation where there is a disagreement in marriage (Corinthians 7,11). And states that personal quarrels should be settled before any sacrifice or service are acceptable to God. (Mat 5: 23,24). Since God has done no wrong, He can said to be reconciled to man. God is propitiated, but the born again believer is reconciled to God by the death of his Son. The parties can settle differences in human relationships themselves. In the case of the rift between God and man caused by Sin. This was not possible, God has to send ;His own son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin ; (Roman 8:3) to be the ;One mediator between God and men (I timothy 2:5). The Every possibility of reconciliation originated with God. ;God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their tress pass unto them, ;(II Cor 5:19).

      It always a relief to know that people have put aside the difference .How much greater is the sence of release from anxiety to know that we are free to enjoy fellowship with God. For we have peace with God! Today scripture confirms that Christ's meditation our behalf enables us to enjoy the things to God. Indeed we find in Him the source and object of our Joy

      God's Great Salvation (5):

      Justification Being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our lord Jesus Christ Being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him Romans 5: 1 9. Justification is the confirmation of truth of something .

      For example if any one maintains he is a citizen of the USA. His procession of a U S passport proves that rightness of his claim .How ever some one else must dispute his assertion. In that case an examination of the relevant material would entitle a component authority to declare the claim justified.

      In Christianity begins with God Himself. The born again Christian is entitled to assert his assurance of the forgiveness of Sins, his possession of eternal life, the fact of being indwell by the holy spirit the promise of a place in the Father's house for eternity. And so much more. But in his Grace, it was God who did all that was necessary to provide these blessings for him, and the only documentation that the believer has in order to establish the truth of them is his faith. God has recognized that he places all his trust must for the privilege of owing and enjoying these blessings in the person and the work of the Jesus Christ (Romans 3: 24) No one can there fore to dispute the believer's entitlement to his divine privileges and blessings. ;If God be for us, who can be against us? ; (Rom 8:31)

      God's Great Salvation (6):

      Cleansing Though your sins are as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow Is 1,18;

      1. The blood of Jesus Christ; Cleanest us from all sins John 1:7 Cleansing with regard to sin has a double aspect in scriture. The removal of evil has to be fundamental and through. For this reason christ's blood was shed at Calvary's cross. Heb (9:22) tells us that there is no remission with out blood being shed. But the sacrifices under the law could not take away sins nor make the offers perfect (Heb 10:1 - 4). That was only possible through the work of Christ who; by the blood; obtained eternal redemption for us(Heb 9:12). Thus all the redeemed can praise and thank him, for He has washed us from our sins in his own blood (Revelation 1:5).

      The efficacy of Christ's sacrificial work of redemption means that our transgression has been removed from us as for as the East is from the west. (Psalm 103:12). Who ever has put his faith in Christ and his work is cleansed Jesus said He that is washed (or bathed) is clean every whit (John 13: 10).

      But the believer's pathway leads him through the world where he becomes defiled while his flesh; ever active also causes him to sin. This does not negate the truth of the fore going paragraph.

      Salvation is obtained by faith, not works and cannot be lost through sins committed after conversion. This stresses God' s Grace and righteousness. However the defilement means cleansing. That comes about by turning to the advocate we have with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous and applying the water of the word of God. CONVERSION TURNING TO GOD: Verily I say unto you, Except yea be converted and became as little children, yea shall not entered into the kingdom of God. Mat 18:3

      The bible makes it clear that the state of fallen man is the precise opposite of what he was created for: day has became night as far as he is concerned morally, and in darkness he regards his enemies as his friends and vise versa. He also confuses the concepts of Good and evil. He believes himself to be free and upright; in truth he is in bondage and wicked. What is more serious is his concept for the solution that the bible offers for his predicament: redemption by faith in Jesus Christ. Man considers that should be superfluous. He sees God as his enemy instead of his best friend. All this stem from a radical trouble, which he cannot overcome. It has blinded him. So that he acts in self-will and consequently finds himself on road of destruction. For this reason the work of salvation must take place in the heart. The human race needs acknowledgement it's moral bankruptcy and surrender to God to be saved. Conversion is declaring oneself unable to change one's nature and entrusting oneself to God. So that He can make every thing new. Fallen creatures must turn to their creator. The guilty to their savior lost children must return to their father's house.

      Conversion takes man's Pride. But it opens up the way of salvation. God responds to such a confession by forgiving the sins of the believer and making him His own child. If the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed ; he shall surely live, he shall not live, and he shall not die Ezekial 18:21 I will rise and Go to my father, and will say unto him father, I have sinned against heaven and before thee. Luke 15,18. We have been going in the wrong direction and have come to a dead end, we are lost. The sooner we turn back, the less time we shall lose. A right about turn, that is what conversion means. It is no mere theory or simply an outward change; it is a through change that happens with us. If some one succeeds in altering his manner of behavior that doesn't mean that he is converted. That happens when we resolutely and finally take our stand with God. Conversion is not a change of religion, but adopting a completely new standard, i.e. becoming a new person receiving a fresh source of strength, and having different hopes and friendships.

      Another pathway has been chosen our eyes are set on new objectives, and we use our energy for a new master. Previously we led our life with selfish motives; now we live for God. Formerly we were characterized by self-satisfaction; now we recognize and acknowledge our moral wretchedness, which comes from our sinful nature. Yesterday God could only condemn me. Today he regards me as Justified by christ's work at Calvary. Conversion signifies an absolute and through change in one's way of thinking and one's whole life. A new convert once said ; Upto now I imagined that I was living; Now I really am. ; BELIEVE

      Please Write me biblestudies@... or conthim@...

      Please Dont send u r mails to jonthi@... it was closed.

    • John Thimothy
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20 3:23 AM

        Once upon a time an well known preacher was about to go to bed there came a knock at the front door.Upon answering she found a little girl with an inquiry

        "Are you the preacher?"

        "Yes Iam He replied!"

        "Well,wont you come down and my mother in she asked?"

        The preacher answered the little girl "My dear, it is hardly proper for me to come and get your mother. If she drunk,you should find a police man. He is dressed for the occasion."

        "Oh sir" she replied in a haste."You wont understand! my mother isn't drunk; she is at home dying, and she's afraid to die. She wants to go to heaven.but doesn't know how.

        The peracher coundnt resist the appeal of the little girl.little girl led him intothe district to an old house,up a roiickety stair way,where the dying woman lay in the corner.

        "I have got a preacher for you mother. He wasn't not ready to come first. but he is hear. You just tell him what you want, and do what he tells you, and he wil get you in.

        Poor woman asked "Can you do any thing for a sinner like me? My life have been lived in sin and now Iam dying I feel like going to hell,but I dont want to go there; I want to go to heaven. How can I do now?

        On his own confession the great preacher declared " I stood there declared, I stood there looking in tothat face and thaught that what can i tell her? I have been preaching salvation by reformation, but his soul has gone too far from reform. I have been preaching salvation by chaercter , but she hasnt any. I have been preaching salvation by ethnical culture but she wouldnt know what the word means and besides she hasn't time for that. Then it came to me. Why not tell her what your mother use to tell you as a boy? she's dying and it can's hurt her even if it doesnt do her any good. So bending down beside her the preacher began: "My dear woman god is gracious and kind and In his book bible He says " God so loved the world that he gave his only begotton son that who soever beleiveth in Him he should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16

        "Oh" exclaimed the Dying woman does it sat that in the bible? My! that ought to get me in. But sir my sins, My sins!

        It is amazing the way the verses came back to him "My dear woman" He continued.the bible says "The blood of jesus christ his son cleanseth us from all sins" I John 1:7

        "All sin, did you say ? she asked earnestly. does it say ALL Sin. That ought to get me in."

        "Yes" he replied kneeling down beside her. "It says all sin. The Bible also says, "This is a faithful and worthy of all acceptance that christ came into the world to save sinners; of whom Iam a cheif I Thimothy 1:15

        "Well" she said "If the cheif got in I can come. Pray for me sir!"

        With that peacher bent down and prayed with that poor woman. Just as she was she came to Jesus who turned any one away and she got in.

        "And in the process" added the preacher "While she was getting in, I my self got in. We two sinners, the preacher and that poor woman, were saved together in that little room that night

        John 6:37 Isiah 1:18

      • G J Thimothy
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2001

          Hi Friends,

          I request you a careful study on the thought below and your comments on it.

          For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16).(NIV- New International Version)

          Again,
          For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.(John 3:16)(KJV-King James Version)

          This verse said to be sum and substance of the Bible. Many told if Bible could be summarized to one verse it will be the above verse.

          Let us meditate on this verse to understand what God tells us.

          GOD

          so loved World: God (the one eternal, who has no beginning, no end, omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient) Loved world. We see ‘So loved’ here which shows the extent God loved, and it is the supreme love. Greek uses the word "Agape’ which means the supreme love. It is without limitation. ‘The world’ signifies you and me, all human beings. We can see the world (i.e. the human beings) will be perishing unless the ACT OF LOVE is there (…shall not perish, but…..). So this supreme love needed to express to save the mankind from the sin.

          What was the result of Love? :

          He gave his one and only son (NIV) [Only begotten Son is used in KJV]. The word ‘gave’ has special significance as it refers an act of sacrifice. For God it was the ‘supreme sacrifice’, giving His one and only son to be died on the cross even though He was sinless and in very form God him self (A person in Trinity).(refer :2 Cor 5:21, Gal 3:13)

          How the love expressed or revealed?:

          The act of Love of God is revealed by giving His son as human being. His birth was like any other human being. And we can say it was worse that any other human being, since He was suspected to be illegetimate child to Mary by the whole world. Also the parents could not find a place for Jesus birth. He lived in this earth as a complete human being like anybody else. Finally He accepted cross for the sins of the mankind and death in the cross. To prove that He is God indeed he rose again on the third day.

          Was it to necessary remove the sins of Mankind ?

          : Yes, it was necessary. Man failed to keep himself away from sin. Also he failed to redeem himself through any means (Gnana or Karma or Bhakti or any other). Since man was a sinner he has to undergo punishment, that is eternally perishing. So he has to be redeemed from his sins by one who is sinless. So Jesus, came to world to redeem the world from eternal perishing. Why he has to come personally? It shows the extent of God’s love and extent of Man’s sin. Also it signifies a just God.

          Was it sufficient?:

          Yes, it was and is sufficient. His act of Love, death at cross was sufficient to take away all sins.

          "For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."(1 corinthians 5:21), "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree" (Gal 3:13)".

          And that is what the verse we study (john 3:16) also says. It was sufficient for whole world. Matthew 1:21, says angel asked he should be named as Jesus as ‘He will save his people from their sin".

          Shall not perish

          : Good works as we told is no remedy for sin. Neither Gnana or bhakti. And here the solution told. It is to take away eternal punishment ‘God gave his one and only son’ as a sacrifice.

          But have everlasting life:

          The act of giving the son to the mankind made an opportunity to have an everlasting life, for each and every human being. Each man however sinful he/she is or sinless he/she claims to be. Bible says no one is sinless.(Romans 3:10 As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one)

          So after Jesus atonement, all mankind sinless ?

          No all mankind yet. But the salvation is available to all mankind. The promise of everlasting life made to ‘those who believe’. Please note, "whosoever believes in Him" in the verse 3:16, which we are studying. So the ever-lasting life is promised to those who believes. What he should believe? He should believe in Jesus. If you believe Jesus as good Guru, Is it sufficient? No, it means we have to believe that Jesus is the Savior and He only can save you, not even yourself. The salvation of Jesus is not because He said so or not because he lived in this world, but because he made himself a sacrifice for the sin of mankind. We have to believe that. That realization of leads us to repentance about one own sin, accepting his inability to do find another solution for his sins. Deciding and accepting that Jesus done remedy for his sins. Now Bible says such a person will be a new creation.

          Bible says: "
          For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast.For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2: 8-10.

          If you think that by your good works you can save yourself, you study the verse given above. Good works to live and to do. But no to get salvation or redemption form sins.

          In this Easter Jesus says to us:" You have hope. You can have eternal life. I have a purpose for mankind. I have a purpose for you. I am the one who saw you before you formed in your mother’s womb. Do you want to a child of me? Then, what you have to do is to believe in me.". Bible says

          "

          But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:12).

          Will you respond to that supreme love He showed. He camedown to save the mankind. Now, He wants you and me to be His child. He loves us like a mother. He wants us to respond to that loving offer He made to us. He is standing at the door of your heart and knocking.

          "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne."( Revelations 3:20-21
          .)

          Will you be answering.? Are you sure God saved you from your sins. If not bow down and accept Him as your personal Saviour today. Let the Heaven rejoice today.

          Let us hope John 3:16 come down deep in to our hearts.

          James

          Psalms 139:23-24:Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting
           jamesmurickan@...