IBRAHIM ISA: - CONGRATULATION for Barack OBAMA

  • isa
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2010
      IBRAHIM ISA:

      Monday, 22 March 2010

      CONGRATULATION for Barack OBAMA

      * * *

      Note:

      This is a reply-letter of congratulation to President Barack Obama.

      * * *

      Dear Mr Barack Obama,
      President of the U.S.A.
      Washington,
      USA

      First and foremost allow me, an Indonesian publicist living in Holland,
      to congratulate you and the American people for the success achieved in
      the difficult and sustained effort for the adoption by the Congress, --
      of the Health Reform Bill. This is an historical event. A historical
      victory in the process for the realization for a better health-care for
      the workers, small buisness and the families of the common people.

      As you wrote in your letter to me this morning, Mr President:

      " . . . . the victory that matters most tonight goes beyond the laws and
      far past the numbers.
      It is the peace of mind enjoyed by every American, no longer one injury
      or illness away from catastrophe."
      Finally *. . "every American will finally be guaranteed high quality,
      affordable health care coverage."

      *"It is the workers and entrepreneurs who are now freed to pursue their
      slice of the American dream without fear of losing coverage or facing a
      crippling bill.

      "And it is the immeasurable joy of families in every part of this great
      nation, living happier, healthier lives together because they can
      finally receive the vital care they need."

      Your success, the success of the American people in the struggle for a
      better Health Bill deserved sympathy, support and acclaim by everyone
      in any country who cares for a better health-bill for the common people.

      Amsterdam, March 22, 2010
      Ibrahim Isa

      *Barack Obama wrote: *

      *Thank you, Ibrahim --*

      *For the first time in our nation's history, Congress has passed
      comprehensive health care reform.* America waited a hundred years
      and fought for decades to reach this moment. Tonight, thanks to you,
      we are finally here.

      Consider the staggering scope of what you have just accomplished:

      *Because of you, every American will finally be guaranteed high
      quality, affordable health care coverage.*

      Every American will be covered under the toughest patient
      protections in history. Arbitrary premium hikes, insurance
      cancellations, and discrimination against pre-existing conditions
      will now be gone forever.

      And we'll finally start reducing the cost of care -- creating
      millions of jobs, preventing families and businesses from plunging
      into bankruptcy, and removing over a trillion dollars of debt from
      the backs of our children.

      But the victory that matters most tonight goes beyond the laws and
      far past the numbers.

      It is the peace of mind enjoyed by every American, no longer one
      injury or illness away from catastrophe.

      It is the workers and entrepreneurs who are now freed to pursue
      their slice of the American dream without fear of losing coverage or
      facing a crippling bill.

      And it is the immeasurable joy of families in every part of this
      great nation, living happier, healthier lives together because they
      can finally receive the vital care they need.

      *This is what change looks like.*

      My gratitude tonight is profound. I am thankful for those in past
      generations whose heroic efforts brought this great goal within
      reach for our times. I am thankful for the members of Congress whose
      months of effort and brave votes made it possible to take this final
      step. But most of all, I am thankful for you.

      This day is not the end of this journey. Much hard work remains, and
      we have a solemn responsibility to do it right. But we can face that
      work together with the confidence of those who have moved mountains.

      Our journey began three years ago, driven by a shared belief that
      fundamental change is indeed still possible. We have worked hard
      together every day since to deliver on that belief.

      We have shared moments of tremendous hope, and we've faced setbacks
      and doubt. We have all been forced to ask if our politics had simply
      become too polarized and too short-sighted to meet the pressing
      challenges of our time. *This struggle became a test of whether the
      American people could still rally together when the cause was right*
      -- and actually create the change we believe in.

      *Tonight, thanks to your mighty efforts, the answer is indisputable:
      Yes we can.*

      Thank you,

      *President Barack Obama*