What is first stage in spiritual realization ? (Introduction to Bhagavad Gita As It Is)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2010

      Moderator: Please welcome Dr. Raghuram to our group who gives self introduction below. Doctor we wish you all the best for your final spiritual journey in this (so costly and valuable human body) birth back to Godhead, back to Krishna for His Krishna Prem !

      Dr.Raghuram-
      I INTRODUCE MYSELF AS DR RAGHURAM MUSICIAN-RESEARCHER-PERFORMER &
      TEACHER INTENDING TO SPREAD MUSIC , ART & CULTURE AMONG THE CHILDREN.

      That padam avyayam or eternal kingdom can be reached by one who is "nirmana-moha".

      What does this mean? We are after designations. Someone wants to become "sir," someone wants to become "lord," someone wants to become the president or a rich man or a king or something else. As long as we are attached to these designations, we are attached to the body because designations belong to the body. But we are not these bodies, and realizing this is the first stage in spiritual realization. We are associated with the three modes of material nature, but we must become detached through devotional service to the Lord. If we are not attached to devotional service to the Lord, then we cannot become detached from the modes of material nature.

         Source: Bhagavad Gita As It Is by HDG. A.C. BhaktiVedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada