Kingdom of God Almighty: Abode refered as Goloka (Introduction to Bhagavad Gita As It Is)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2010

      The abode of Lord Sri Krsna is described in the Bhagavad-Gita, Fifteenth Chapter, sixth verse:

      "That abode of Mine is not illumined by the sun or moon, nor by electricity and anyone who reaches it never comes back to this material world."

      This verse gives a description of that eternal sky. Of course we have a material conception of the sky, and we think of it in relationship to the sun, moon, stars and so on, but in this verse the Lord states that in the eternal sky there is no need for the sun nor for the moon nor fire of any kind because the spiritual sky is already illuminated by the brahmajyoti, the rays emanating from the Supreme Lord. We are trying with difficulty to reach other planets, but it is not difficult to understand the abode of the Supreme Lord. This abode is referred to as Goloka.

          Source:Bhagavad Gita As It Is by HDG. A.C. BhaktiVedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada