What will make us happy? (Introduction to Bhagavad Gita As It Is )

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2010

      Lord is never materially contaminated. But our consciousness, at the present moment, however, is materially contaminated. The Bhagavad Gita teaches that we have to purify this materially contaminated consciousness.

       In pure consciousness, our actions will be dovetailed to the will of isvara, and that will make us happy. It is not that we have to cease all activities. Rather, our activities are to be purified, and purified activities are called bhakti. Activities in bhakti appear to be like ordinary activities, but they are not contaminated. An ignorant person may see that a devotee is acting or working like an ordinary man, but such a person with a poor fund of knowledge does not know that the activities of the devotee or of the Lord are not contaminated by impure consciousness or matter.

         Source: Bhagavad Gita As It Is by HDG. A.C. BhaktiVedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada