Yamaraj and the Lawyer

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2013

      A Brilliant Story

      Once a very prominent lawyer was to die. Lawyers always send notices on
      behalf of their clients. They send notices, 'Please pay my client within the
      next forty days. Otherwise we will take you to court and possess your goods.
      Please vacate my client's flat in the next one month'. Before taking action
      they always send you a notice.

      This lawyer, he was a very prominent lawyer, he was about to die. He
      protested to Yamaraj, 'Yamaraj! You cannot let me die right now. You did not
      send me any notice about death. I am a lawyer. I do everything after sending
      notices. If you want me to die, send me a notice, "Okay, Mr. Lawyer, in one
      month you are going to die". You cannot take me without giving me a notice'.

      Yamaraj said, 'Who says I did not give you a notice? What's the color of
      your hair now?' He said, 'All white'. 'What was the color of your hair ten
      years ago?' 'Black'. 'How strong is your eye sight now?' He said, 'Very
      weak'. 'How sharp was your eye sight ten-fifteen years ago? Twenty by twenty
      - very sharp'. 'What's the position of your cheeks today?' 'All wrinkled'.
      'What was the position of your cheeks ten-fifteen years ago?' 'Oh, they were
      very beautiful'. 'How many teeth do you have left? Natural teeth'. He said,
      'Oh, just four-five'. :'How many did you have fifteen years ago?' 'All
      thirty-two'.

      Yamaraj said, 'I sent you so many notices. Your teeth started falling, your
      hair started getting white, your cheeks started getting wrinkled and you
      say, I did not send any notice. So now you have to die'. We all are getting
      so many notices about the inevitable death but we tend to ignore all these
      notices. That's our tragedy.

      *
      Courtesy:Talvan

      --
      "Chant Hare Krishna and be happy"
      हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे रामा हरे रामा रामा रामा हरे हरे||