Tolerance - Shivaji Maharaj

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2013

      There was one King in Maharashtra, his name was Shivaji, famous king. So
      once it so happened, there was one lady and her children were very hungry,
      because for three or four days she could not provide any food for her
      children. So naturally the mother was worried because she wanted to feed her
      children so she went to the forest and she had a stick in her hand. So she
      thought that she would beat the mango tree, get a few mangoes and feed the
      children. It so happened that Shivaji was also riding on a horse and going
      under the same tree,so she raised the stick and she wanted to hit the mango.
      But instead of that, she missed the mango and the stick hit the turban of
      Shivaji. The king was hit, so all the soldiers were very angry, "She's
      beating the king!" So the next day Shivaji called her to court and he asked
      her, "Why did you hit my turban?" So she said, "Please excuse me King, I did
      not want to hit your turban but my children were hungry for the past
       three, four days so I wanted to get some mangoes for them. So I wanted to
      hit the mango tree but instead of that, I missed it and I accidentally hit
      your turban." So Shivaji thought for a moment, "Yes, if she would have hit
      the tree,the tree would have given her mangoes. I am better than the tree,
      so if the tree can give the mangoes when hit, then I must give her something
      more." And then instead of any punishment, the king gave her ten acres of
      land and 10,000 rupees. So the king said to her,"You go, till the land and
      give the food to your children."

      So this is the way we should cultivate the tolerance. It's very easy to
      lecture about tolerance, but when it comes to the point we can't tolerate
      anything. We cannot tolerate anything.  This cultivation has got to be there
      and unless you tolerate, you cannot function properly.

      Part of transcription of lecture of H.H Mahavishnu Gosvami Maharaj

      Courtesey:Spiritual Nectar
      --
      "Chant Hare Krishna and be happy"
      हरे कृष्ण हरे कृष्ण कृष्ण कृष्ण हरे हरे || हरे रामा हरे रामा रामा रामा हरे हरे|