Slipper

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2012

      Once, M.K. Gandhi and a friend jostled their way into to a crowded Indian
      carriage. As the train departed, Gandhi suddenly looked down and realized he
      only had one slipper on. He and his friend peered out the doorway and saw
      the other slipper lying on the platform and disappearing out of sight.
      Gandhi simply smiled. He then took off his slipper and hurled it down the
      platform, where it perfectly met its pair. He offered an explanation to his
      bemused friend, keeping the slipper would have frustrated me, and whoever
      had found that other slipper would have been similarly annoyed. Now I can
      forget the incident and move on, and someone else can benefit from some free
      footwear! There are two very important lessons to learn. Whenever we face
      some reversal in life, we have to come to a level of acceptance as soon as
      possible. Secondly, we have to move forward with positivity, optimism and
      progressiveness, making the best of the situation.

      Easy on paper, hard in practice. I know. But what other choice do we have?

      Accepting the plans of providence liberates us. You don’t have to fight an
      inner battle any more. Its futile to invest excessive emotional resource in
      that which is never going to change. Furthermore, the acceptance should give
      birth to an attitude of embracing challenges. As they say, you cannot direct
      the wind, but you can adjust the sails of your life. We must learn the art
      of finding opportunities in every situation. Beyond physical and emotional
      pain, the Bhagavad Gita explains that we are indestructible spiritual
      beings, empowered and equipped to face anything. As we become rooted in the
      eternal wisdom of the greater purpose, we become more and more aware that
      this life is just one chapter in a much longer story. It’s a chapter which
      inevitably has numerous twists and turns, and doesn’t always turn out the
      way we expect.

      Read more: http://news.iskcon.com/node/4629#ixzz26jgWJubv

      Courtesy: Talvan