Happy Radhastami to all !!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2012

      Happy
      Radhastami to all. As we know, It was celebrated yesterday. We hope all the group members must have taken this opportunity to seek blessings from Srimati Radha Rani and Lord Sri Krishna.

      http://www.stephen-knapp.com/images/KunjabihariDet.jpg

      Radhastami is the celebration day of Srimati Radharani’s appearance. Radharani is the consort of Krishna. She appeared to Vrishabhanu Maharaj (her father) in the village of Rawal a fortnight after Krishna’s appearance.

      Radharani’s special qualification is that She is the best devotee of Krishna. Krishna therefore loves Her the most. On Her festival day, devotees seeking Krishna’s grace will especially ask Her to grant them devotion to Her beloved Lord, knowing that if they can attain Her favor, they can attain His as a natural consequence.

      On Radhastami, Sri Sri Radha Krishna deities are traditionally dressed entirely in flowers.

      The festivities on Radhastami includes darshan of Sri Sri Radha & Krishna in new outfits, spiritual discourses, kirtans and bhajans, maha-abhishek, maha-arati and offering of hundreds of bhoga foodstuffs to Their Lordships.

      Your servant,
      Premadata Gaur Das (Prateek)