To reduce envy we should remember our last day......
- Hare Krishna Friends,All glories to Srila Prabhupada
In one of the discussions with devotees on 2nd Oct 2009 in Sri Sri
Radha-Neelmadhav dham Rajkot, our spiritual master H H Mahavishnu
Goswami Maharaj gave a few thunderbolt like instructions about how we should
balance our work and devotion. We would like to share some of the salient
points here in this offering.
1. In working hours we should never open our mouth for non-official activities.
Commitment means doing only official work. Don't disturb each other in the
2. Real devotional service means till we are in this world, the flow of lakshmi
must be continuous.
3. The income must be very pure. ie., we must be very honest in our job. The
way we bring money, our family will be trained accordingly.
4. Those who are simple, they do not hanker for large incomes; they are
satisfied with small income. Hankering means kali yuga.
5. Our present income is the result of previous life's good work.
6. The money that does not belong to you, you can never spend. If the money
lies in the bank, it reduces automatically.
7. We have enough anxieties on our plate. Don't increase the anxieties by
increasing your demand.
8. Even if we are millionaires, we cannot change the material laws. If we eat
rasagulla, rasagulla does not come out.
9. Don't disturb anybody, anywhere illegally.
10. By our own disqualification we are thrown out of Krishna's kingdom. No one
else is responsible.
11. To reduce envy we should remember our last day.
12. Don't be conscious of being a devotee.
13. Our eagerness should be only for sincere devotional service.
14. Srimad Bhagavatam will save us from spiritual bankruptcy. Chanting is actually talking with Krishna.So please chant the holy names and study Srimad Bhagavatam sincerely and seriously.
Courtesey: HG Kalacakra Krsna Das.
Chant the Mahamantra
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Ram Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare Hare... and be Happy.