Sound Advice in Difficult Times

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2012
      Hare Krishna Friends,

      Sound Advice in Difficult Times

      "Oh, this is too unsettling I just can't stand the pressure anymore." S/He stood in the room and tried to calm down the mind. But it was in vain!
      Sounds familiar?!

      We often become overwhelmed by difficult or disturbing situations and feel that our life is getting out of hand.

      At that time, don't despair.

      In a lecture in India Shrila Prabhupada gave the remedy: Just pause for some time - sit down and chant.

      Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
      Hare Ram Hare Ram Ram Ram Hare Hare

      Soon the agitation will settle.

      Please try it and see how you will soon see clearly.

      Here is the quote:

      Something has dropped in the water, in the river. You cannot see the things dropped within the water by agitating the water. Just stand still for some time. As soon as the water is settled up, you'll see the things as they are. So as soon as our enthusiasm is agitated, it is better to sit down in any temple suitable and chant Hare Krishna. There is no question of being disappointed. After all, we commit so many mistakes. That is human nature. To err is human. That is not fault. But try to rectify with cool head. (lecture on The Nectar of Devotion - Calcutta, January 27, 1973)

      All the best in applying this sound advice!

      Courtesy: spiritualnectar