We including the Lord Himself, are all eternal individuals (Chapter 2 Text 39)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2012
      Chapter 2: Contents of the Gita Summarized

                                                      TEXT 39

      Krsna, therefore, wanted to explain to Arjuna that by killing the body of his grandfather he would not be killing the soul proper, and He explained that all individual persons, including the Lord Himself, are eternal individuals; they were individuals in the past, they are individuals in the present, and they will continue to remain individuals in the future, because all of us are individual souls eternally, and we simply change our bodily dress in different manners. But, actually, we keep our individuality even after liberation from the bondage of material dress. An analytical study of the soul and the body has been very graphically explained by Lord Krsna.

      And this descriptive knowledge of the soul and the body from different angles of vision has been described here as Sankhya, in terms of the Nirukti dictionary. This Sankhya has nothing to do with the Sankhya philosophy of the atheist Kapila. Long before the imposter Kapila's Sankhya, the Sankhya philosophy was expounded in the Srimad-Bhagavatam by the true Lord Kapila, the incarnation of Lord Krsna, who explained it to His mother, Devahuti.

                                                                                                       ..........to be continued.
      Source:
      Bhagavad Gita As It Is by HDG. A.C. BhaktiVedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada