It is something like a dream (Chapter 2 Text 28)

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2011
      Chapter 2: Contents of the Gita Summarized

                                                                 TEXT 28

      And if we accept the Vedic conclusion as stated in the Bhagavad Gita (antavanta ime dehah) that these material bodies are perishable in due course of time (nityasyoktah saririnah) but that the soul is eternal, then we must remember always that the body is like a dress; therefore why lament the changing of a dress? The material body has no factual existence in relation to the eternal soul. It is something like a dream. In a dream we may think of flying in the sky, or sitting on a
      chariot as a king, but when we wake up we can see that we are neither in the sky nor seated on the chariot. The Vedic wisdom encourages self-realization
      on the basis of the nonexistence of the material body.

      Therefore, in either case, whether one believes in the existence of the soul, or one does not believe in the existence of the soul, there is no cause for lamentation for loss of the body.

      Source:
      Bhagavad Gita As It Is by HDG. A.C. BhaktiVedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada

      Disclaimer:
      This is not a spam. Group information is generally sent while adding any new member to the yahoo groups. The opinion stated on subject matter of these mails is strictly from Bhagavad Gita As It Is -by HDG. Srila Prabhupada. Personal interpretation is refrained here. Moderator of these yahoo groups is just a facilitator or nimitta-matram, to present the text and ideology straight from Vedic Texts. Any personal motive or financial gain, hurting religious and spiritual beliefs is not the intention of these yahoo groups. To present the facts "AS IT IS" is the basis of these groups and we hope people in general will take to Krishna Consciousness and would prepare their journey for going back to God-Head (Kingdom of God). In any person want to discontinue being the member, he can do so by unsubscribing his id from yahoo-groups.