Consciousness is the symptom of the soul (Chapter 2 Text 20)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2011
      Chapter 2: Contents of the Gita Summarized

                                                            TEXT 20

      The soul is full of knowledge, or full always with consciousness. Therefore, consciousness is the symptom of the soul. Even if one does not find the soul within the heart, where he is situated, one can still understand the presence of the soul simply by the presence of consciousness. Sometimes we do not find the sun in the sky owing to clouds, or for some other reason, but the light of the sun is always there, and we are convinced that it is therefore daytime.

      As soon as there is a little light in the sky early in the morning, we can understand that the sun is in the sky. Similarly, since there is some consciousness in all bodies--whether man or animal--we can understand the presence of the soul. This consciousness of the soul is, however, different from the consciousness of the Supreme because the supreme consciousness is all-knowledge--past, present and future. The consciousness of the individual soul is prone to be forgetful. When he is forgetful of his real nature, he obtains education and enlightenment from the superior lessons of Krsna. But Krsna is not like the forgetful soul. If so, Krsna's teachings of Bhagavad Gita would be useless. There are two kinds of souls--namely the minute particle soul (anuatma) and the Supersoul (vibhu-atma)
      .

                                                                                          ...........to be continued.
      Source:
      Bhagavad Gita As It Is by HDG. A.C. BhaktiVedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada

      Disclaimer:
      This is not a spam. Group information is generally sent while adding any new member to the yahoo groups. The opinion stated on subject matter of these mails is strictly from Bhagavad Gita As It Is -by HDG. Srila Prabhupada. Personal interpretation is refrained here. Moderator of these yahoo groups is just a facilitator or nimitta-matram, to present the text and ideology straight from Vedic Texts. Any personal motive or financial gain, hurting religious and spiritual beliefs is not the intention of these yahoo groups. To present the facts "AS IT IS" is the basis of these groups and we hope people in general will take to Krishna Consciousness and would prepare their journey for going back to God-Head (Kingdom of God). In any person want to discontinue being the member, he can do so by unsubscribing his id from yahoo-groups.

      Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:13 am

      prateek sanwal <prateek2377@...>
      prateek2377
      Offline Offline