Conversation with Srila Prabhupada

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2011

      Courtesy: www.prabhupadavani.org: A Part of the conversation with Srila Prabhupada: "A Favorable Newspaper Article"  in August 22, 1976

      Gargamuni: No, because in India, many Indians, when they approach a guru, they want something. But we didn't have to approach you for anything.

      Sril Prabhupada: That is the speciality. The guru... One should go to guru to serve him as menial servant. That is acceptance of guru. That is required. Nicavat. Nica, nica means menial. Just like menial servant, he does everything. Similarly, to live with guru means to serve him as a menial servant. That is Vedic injunction. Nicavat. You should not be puffed up, that "I am coming from such royal family, I am coming from such rich family." And that tendency is trained up from the childhood. A child does not know. Just like Pradyumna's son. You can engage him in any menial service. He does not discriminate. He's trained up. So this is gurukula. Very word is used, nicavat. He gives service to the guru just like a menial servant. And this training being given from the childhood, he does not know what is low or what is high. His spiritual master asks to do something... Even Krsna went to the forest to collect some dry wood. Vasudeva's son, in royal family, but he had to go. And all of a sudden there was storm and, what is called?

      For full reading please follow the below link:

      Warm regards
      Moderator