New Year resolution based on an allegorical story-Anger is dangerous!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2010

      New Year always brings a chance to start a fresh start of life, on a brighter and upbeat note. For this we often make resolutions, and this year my resolution is not to be angry on small and even some times on big matters too. Let me see how much i would be able to follow, though generally my close friends & associates have observed that i do not get angry soon but even if it is there to some extent i am going to improve further on it.

      And if any group member want to share his/her resolution, please write it to me and i will publish it in the group.

      I support my resolution after reading this allegorical story: Anger is dangerous

      "Once a saint asked his disciples, 'Why do we shout in anger? Why do people shout at each other when they are upset?

      Disciples thought for a while, one of them said, 'Because we lose our calm, we shout for that.'

      'But, why to shout when the other person is just next to you?' asked the saint.'Isn't it possible to speak to him or her with a soft voice? Why do you shout at a person when you're angry?'

      Disciples gave some other answers but none satisfied the saint.

      Finally he explained, 'When two people are angry at each other, their hearts DISTANCE a lot. To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other. The angrier they are, the stronger they will have to shout to hear each other through that great distance.'

      Then the saint asked, 'What happens when two people love each other ? They don't shout at each other but talk softly, why? Because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is very small...'

      The saint continued, 'When they love each other even more, what happens?
      They do not speak, only whisper and they get even closer to each other in their love. Finally they even need not whisper, they only look at each other and that's all. That is how close two people are when they love each other.'

      When you argue do not let your hearts get distant, do not say words that distance each other more, else there will come a day when the distance is so great that you will not find the path to return."

      Anger endangers the physical, mental and spiritual well-being of ourselves as well as people around us. The only way to overcome anger is by getting rid of the controlling propensity and by whole-heartedly accepting the truth that Krishna is the supreme controller. We pray that we never fall a prey to anger,but have friendly relationship with all living entities and are able to see every one as part and parcel of Supreme Lord.

      Regards
      Prateek