This is one of my favorite songs ! Group Member: Tarun

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2009

      Thanks for sharing Prateek! This is one of my favorite songs.

      Check out George's stage version too:

      And a tribute to him 2 years after his death:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aa3ylmxnLM

      -Tarun

      Moderator Comments:

      A devotee of Lord has a specific characteristic apart many good qualities. He devotes his one best/unique talent/quality which he is gifted with, in the glorification, in serving Lord and with this art he perfects his devotion to Lord, disciplines himself under the supervision of a spiritual master to please the Lord and in the end breaks the shackles of material world to achieve the kingdom of God.

        One such devotee of Lord Krishna was, George Harrison. His spiritual master was HDG. AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada, who while giving him initiation said, George is already Lord Hari's (Lord Krishna) son, so from then onwards devotees always refered to him as harri ''s son (Harrison). Amazing !!!

      All glories to all the people who devote their lives and use each & every thing in their lives just to Glorify The Lord.

      ** Initiation ceremony: An event in a devotees life, when he gets a Spiritual Master and gets a new vedic name, initiates spiritual life under SM's guidance. Vedic scritures call this second birth of a person. **

      Regards
      Prateek