Puranas are not imaginative; they are historical records (Introduction to Bhagavad Gita As It Is)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2010
      Hare Krishna Friends,

      In life we are accustomed to thinking either of the material or the spiritual energy. There are so  many literatures which fill our thoughts with the material energy--newspapers, magazines, novels, etc. Our thinking, which is now absorbed in these literatures, must be transferred to the Vedic literatures.
      The great sages, therefore, have written so many Vedic literatures such as the Puranas, etc. The Puranas are not imaginative; they are historical records.

          Source:Bhagavad Gita As It Is by HDG. A.C. BhaktiVedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada