Energies, beyond our conception (Introduction to Bhagavad Gita As It Is)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2010

      Material nature is a display of one of the energies of the Supreme Lord. In the Visnu Purana (6.7.61) the total energies of the Supreme Lord are delineated. The Supreme Lord has diverse and innumerable energies which are beyond our conception; however, great learned sages or liberated souls have studied these energies and have analyzed them into three parts. All of the energies are of visnu-sakti, that is to say they are different potencies of Lord Visnu. That energy is para, transcendental. Living entities also belong to the superior energy, as has already been explained. The other energies, or material energies, are in the mode of ignorance. At the time of death we can either remain in the inferior energy of this material world, or we can transfer to the energy of the spiritual world.

         Source: Bhagavad Gita As It Is by HDG. A.C. BhaktiVedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada