Expo Turns 21!

  • David Fabie
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2007
      As is our custom here at BHAC Alumni Assoc, we take a few moments
      to mark the 21rst Anniverary of that Great Watershed (or is that
      Watercloset?) event in the history of Scouting known as Inter-
      Expo '86!

      Held at the once-peaceful Olympiapark in Munich this event was
      single handedly responsible for extending the cold war another 4
      years, the end of Falco's career, and the friendly-fire deaths of
      several innocent panes of plexiglass.

      Not to mention it was the moment when I first met a number of people
      who despite their desperate attempts to deny everything, would end
      up playing vital roles in global events that would scar a tierheim
      and its staff and a herd of cows for generations to come. Tom &
      Karen "What financial loss?" Slavieck, Dave and Betty "What trading
      post mark up?" Perry, Tim "What loose change"? Perry,
      James "Computers are the future!" Manuel, Todd "How do I plug this
      slide projector in" Allen, and last and certainly not least General
      EB "It's a great day to fire howitzers at Cub Scouts" Leedy.

      All (ok well not ALL) kidding aside, it is amazing to think that we
      all met on that fateful weekend. So as to paraphrase the OA..
      Pause... and look you back on EXPO! So raise a dontation ..err. I
      mean a toast with Coca Cola and celebrate over two decades of
      Freindship, fellowship and combined deniablity!

      Dave Fabie