A Note of thanks from the Jurack Family

  • David Fabie
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      Friends & family:

      Thanks to your tremendous support, we were able to raise over
      $13,000 for MDA through the Stride and Ride Program. We presented
      $12,793 to MDA on Saturday morning, and have received even more
      money since the walk concluded. Based on the amount of money Team
      Joshua's Hope raised for MDA, we shattered the MDA Chicago District
      Office record for funds generated by a single team for Stride and
      Ride. Kaaren and I cannot thank you enough for your financial and
      emotional support.

      When Joshua was first diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
      last year, we were overwhelmed with feelings of disbelief, denial,
      and fear of what the future would hold for Joshua and our family.
      Invariably, the question of "Why us?" crept into our minds. After
      those initial doubts waned, we came to embrace the thought of "Why
      not us?" Through our faith, we know that God has told us in the
      book of Hebrews that "He will never leave us, nor forsake us." Our
      beliefs do not make us immune from life's challenges; instead, we
      know that there is always someone walking beside us, assisting in
      shouldering the burden.

      We hope and pray that we will find a cure for MD in Joshua's
      lifetime. This effort has become our family's mission, and we are
      extremely and most sincerely grateful for your support. Thanks
      again.

      Please forward this e-mail to everyone who made a donation to make
      this event a resounding success. On behalf of our family and the
      other families MDA serves, thank you!

      P.J., Kaaren, Joshua and Jonah Jurack