Please Support Team Joshua’s Hope!!

  • David Fabie
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2007
      Friends and family:

      Labor Day weekend is a consistent reminder that summer is over and
      school is resuming across the country. It is also a milestone in
      the lives of Jerry's Kids. Whether you watched the Jerry Lewis
      Labor Day Telethon, or made donations to the firefighters standing
      at your nearest intersection, this is an important time of year for
      the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA).

      Last year, our oldest son, Joshua, a first grader at Ames
      Elementary, was diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, an
      extremely debilitating type of neuromuscular disease that strikes
      boys between the ages of 3 and 5. In an effort to combat this
      disease and support research for a cure, our family will be
      participating in MDA's Stride and Ride program, which will be held
      Saturday, September 29, 2007, from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at
      Brookfield Zoo.

      Our challenge is to field a team of five or more individuals to
      complete the three mile trek through the Brookfield Zoo. Each
      member of the team commits to raise a minimum of $85 – the cost of
      one minute of research. This is a very attainable goal and we would
      love to have a large group of individuals walking on Joshua's behalf.

      If you want to take part in Stride and Ride and are interested in
      becoming a member of Team Joshua's Hope, please call Kaaren Jurack
      at (708) 906-3012 or P.J. Jurack at (708) 878-9359. We can also be
      reached via e-mail at mizzou2@... I sincerely hope that you'll
      take this opportunity to join our team and support MDA.

      Please respond as soon as possible so we send you your Stride and
      Ride fundraising packet. If you have any questions, please don't
      hesitate to call or e-mail us. You can also call Gina Iorio at the
      MDA office in Chicago (312-254-0632; giorio@...).

      If you are unable to join the team, you can donate to our
      fundraising goal by visiting this website -

      On behalf of our family and the other families MDA serves, thank you!

      Warmest Regards,

      Kaaren and P.J. Jurack

      How can I become a Team Member?

      Simply complete the information below and e-mail back to me at

      NAME: __________________________________________________________

      ADDRESS, CITY, ZIP:______________________________________________

      EMAIL: __________________________________________________________

      T-SHIRT SIZE:____________________________________________________

      FUNDRAISING GOAL: $___________________________________________

      How much do I need to raise?

      This is a pledge walk, so each walker's goal is to raise a minimum
      of $85.00 (which funds one minute of research). Included in that
      pledge is your registration fee, food, goodie bag, admission to the
      zoo for the day (with parking) and event t-shirt. The more you
      raise the more prizes for which you will be eligible.

      What are some ways I can fundraise?

      Upon receipt of your information, you will receive a confirmation
      email as well as an official Stride & Ride packet to help with your
      fundraising. You will also receive a link for your personal web
      site. From there you can send out emails to your entire address
      book, letting family, friends and work associates know of your
      participation. They can then use their credit card via MDA's secure
      site to make their tax-deductible donations. MDA makes reaching your
      goal easy and fun!

      Is it really that easy?

      Yes, it is! Don't forget to mark your calendars for Saturday,
      September 29th as hundreds of MDA families and supporters will
      be "striding and riding" to raise funds to support neuromuscular
      disease research. MDA looks forward to a great event for a great

      Where does the money go?

      Funds raised through MDA special events like this help provide
      expert medical care at MDA clinics, MDA summer camps for youngsters,
      repair and purchase of wheelchairs, leg braces and communication
      devices and many more services. MDA also funds hundreds of top
      scientists worldwide seeking treatments and cures for some 43
      neuromuscular diseases.