Art Wilkerson Sr's death

  • Robert Zadina
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12 12:14 PM
      Dear TAC Scouter,

      I received a sad email today informing me that Arthur (Art) F. Wilkerson III passed away this morning, Aug 12th at 5 AM. He was 67.

      Perhaps you didn't know Art, but I have sent this email to all TAC affiliated Scouters in the event you did know him.

      Art was a Colonel in Heidelberg, a leader in Troop 1. He was a fine influence on my son Eric, who was fortunate to become an Eagle Scout in Troop 1. He was an ardent Scouter.

      Art's sons, Art IV, and John attended Heidelberg HS, and were active Scouts in Troop 1. Art Jr worked at the TAC Trading Post.

      Art Sr attended Camp Freedom and other camps as a leader. As a Woodbadger, he provided a very generous trust fund to TAC to help Scouters obtain scholarships to attend WB.

      His wife and sons, who also live in Prattville, may be reached at 816 Fairwood Dr, Prattville, AL 36067 (334-365-9541)

      I have mailed this to you in the event you did know Art, and if so, feel free to pass this message on to other Scouters that I have missed. If you didn't know him,. it was your great loss.

      Take care!

      Bob Zadina