An Important Message from the Jurack Family

  • David Fabie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2009
      Friends & Family:

      Over the past two years, our family, friends, neighbors and co-
      workers have raised more than $42,000 for the Muscular Dystrophy
      Association in honor of Joshua Jurack. Through events such as
      Stride and Ride, Hop-A-Thon and MDA Lock-ups, we have put forth an
      amazing effort to combat this disease and support research for a
      cure. Our efforts are clearly paying off - the initial results from
      the newly-developed 'Exon-skipping' trial are extremely encouraging.

      For the first time since Joshua was diagnosed with Duchenne
      Muscular Dystrophy, we have real hope that a cure will be
      found in his lifetime.

      As most of you know, Stride & Ride has become our primary fund-
      raiser for MDA. Unlike MDA Chicago, which hosted Stride & Ride in
      September, the Greater Washington D.C. MDA hosts their Stride & Ride
      program in late April. This year's theme is "A Mile of Miracles."

      Our family will be participating in MDA's Stride and Ride program,
      which will be held Saturday, April 25, 2009, starting at 9:00 a.m.,
      at George Mason University Field House in Fairfax, Virginia.

      As always, our challenge is to field a team of five or more
      individuals to complete the "Mile of Miracles" in the George Mason
      University Field House. Each member of the team commits to raise a
      minimum of $85 – the cost of one minute of research. This is a very
      attainable goal and we would love to have a large group of
      individuals walking on Joshua's behalf. We understand these are
      tough economic times for all Americans, but we sincerely appreciate
      your generosity. Anything you can donate is much appreciated.

      I sincerely hope that you'll take this opportunity to join our team
      and support MDA. If you want to take part in Stride and Ride and
      are interested in becoming a member of Team Joshua's Hope, please
      use the link below and click "Join My Team." You can also call
      Kaaren Jurack at (703) 586-7894 or P.J. Jurack at (703) 586-7855, or
      e-mail us at mizzou2@.... If you are unable to join the team,
      you can donate to our fundraising goal by visiting this website -

      http://www.joinmda.org/dcstride09/TeamJoshuasHope

      Please respond as soon as possible so we send you your Stride and
      Ride fundraising packet. If you have any questions, please don't
      hesitate to call or e-mail us.

      On behalf of our family and the other families MDA serves, thank
      you! God Bless.

      P.J., Kaaren, Joshua, Jonah and Joel Jurack