Re: New to group

  • esthers61 <esthers61@cableone.net>
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2002
      Hi,
      I am also new to the group. And very interested in reading your
      article.
      I started having problems Oct 2001, was using a scooter by Dec & was
      diagnosed in May. Finally quit smoking in July. My doctor prescribed
      a "Rooke" boot. It's a very cushiony/insulated boot that helped me
      be able to walk short distances. Fortunately, I have not lost any
      limbs. Of the sores on my left foot, all but one, a toe, has healed,
      And the doctor feels it may yet heal. And I've been walking without
      the "boot."
      I have a couple of questions though. I can barely move. I can still
      only walk short distances before my feet start to really hurt. And
      my hands are terrible. I was also diagnosed with Reynauds, so I
      expect my fingertips to be sore in the cold weather, but my entire
      hands are sore, by the middle of the day I can't even make a fist.
      Is this normal? Does anyone else that's quit smoking also have this
      extensive, arthretic pain?
      Would really appreciate your input
      Thank You

      --- In beurgersdisease@yahoogroups.com, "hebulli" <hebulli@y...>
    • Julie Webster <julielouisewebster@hotmai
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 22, 2003
        Hello,

        I am new to the group today and was diagnosed with Burger's disease
        in 1989. I am interested in receiving a copy of your article. Giving
        up smoking seems to be the hardest for this group.

        Julie