Re: Newly Diagnosed With Buerger's Disea

  • Chuck_Marine
    Message 1 of 56 , Feb 1, 2002
      First thing is to stop smoking immediately, of
      course I am one to talk for I have not but I am going to
      make a concentrated effort on Groundhog day, my
      birthday. If you will read the past messages from me it
      will answer most of your questions I hope. I have had
      many arterialgrams which is not the most pleasant
      thing in the world, have replaced arteries in the groin
      area, have lost two legs to the knee and almost lost
      right hand this past August. Dr's are saying that I
      quit smoking it may be arrested at this point, so for
      pete's sake Sharon quit while you are still young and
      you may not have to go thru what I have. Have a good
      weekend and see you around.
    • gts31522
      Message 56 of 56 , Oct 6, 2003
        Does your husband smoke? That is the main factor of Buergers disease.
        As you read more you will better understand this horrible illiness.

        If you smoke with this disease, you will die a horrible death, while
        living. Your fingers, toes will not get blood and they will die on
        your living body. I know because I did not quit smoking and had 8
        toes and left index finger amputated due to gangrene.

        The choice is yours. Remember, you will either live or die with your
        decision.

        Gdoc