hello Matt

  • mckbarry
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2003
      Hi Matt,, stop smoking.... It is the only thing you can do to help the
      symptoms of this disease to cease. There are many that don't suck it up and
      quit and smoke and smoke until they lose a toe, then a foot and some even
      have it spread to the hands and the fingers..literally smoking a cigarette
      between their last two fingers. That is sick.. Stop smoking my friend....
      And do see a Vascular surgeon. An arteriogram may be in order. Don't assume
      it is buergers disease though, until you find out for sure it is from a Doc.

      In either case, stop smoking now man,, pick up that pack of cigarettes and
      say, I know your killing me regardless if you are causing this foot
      problem.. I look forward to the freedom from you.. CRUNCH and be done with
      them, suffer for a few days cause you can't have one, and wait for your feet
      to start feeling better than they do.. It is a fact, they will get better
      than they are now. You will never be rid of the disease and sometimes they
      may get painful, but by not smoking the disease stops spreading and getting
      any worse. By not smoking it is like giving your body the best medicine you
      could ever give it. period... you can do it, I know you can if I could..

      Barry

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2003
        Matt, Barry, Buergers Disease since 1966. Amputation
        of 8 toes(both feet), amputation left index finger.
        Several other fingers had gangrene but healed up after
        many years.

        From my personal experince, smoking will kill you.
        That's the good news. The bad news IS YOU WILL LOOSE
        Fingers, Toes, Arms, Legs, Nose and Ears. Each
        individual diget will die on your body, while you are
        alive. The pain is indescribable!!!!Intractable!!!You
        WILL NOT sleep, rest, enjoy one minute of ANY hour OF
        each hour for the rest of your SHORT life. You will
        Give up everything important to your lively hood. You
        WILL not live, you will not want to live and IF YOU
        CONTINUE to smoke, you will live in pain I cannot
        possibly describe!!!!

        Dont do as I did and continue to smoke. You gotta quit
        smoking now to live a happy life. You can do it! Its
        the right thing to do!!

        Gdoc

        =====

        http://shopping.yahoo.com
      • Matt
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2003
          Thanks for the replies and words of advice everyone. Just a update
          tomorrow i will be smoke free for 3 weeks. Yes, i saw these websites
          and info and quit the very next day.

          As for the symptoms, they seems to be getting better almost the
          point if they hadnt been sore and numb i might not notice them at
          all. Yes i am seeing my dr and going thru the long check lists of
          things it could be. Had a nerve conduction study done today as a
          matter of fact. So far everything is normal, but still have more
          dr's and appointments to go.

          Thanks for the advice and words of kindness.

          Matt