NEW MEMBER

  • jeperry1957
    Message 1 of 56 , Apr 3, 2003
      I just found out that my mother has Beurgers Disese - That's how I
      found this group. She's been a smoker for 50 years and just quit that
      nasty and deadly habit on December 1, 2002. Smoking related diseases
      took my fathers life in April, 2002. Currently, her symtoms are pain
      and numbness in her feet and toes and redness in her hands. Any
      information about this disease would be greatly appreciated.
    • gts31522
      Message 56 of 56 , Oct 6, 2003
        Does your husband smoke? That is the main factor of Buergers disease.
        As you read more you will better understand this horrible illiness.

        If you smoke with this disease, you will die a horrible death, while
        living. Your fingers, toes will not get blood and they will die on
        your living body. I know because I did not quit smoking and had 8
        toes and left index finger amputated due to gangrene.

        The choice is yours. Remember, you will either live or die with your
        decision.

        Gdoc