Re: Arbor Day

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 26, 2007
      This blurb from Suzanne at Friends of the Urban Forest...

      Friends of the Urban Forest continues to work on strengthening
      neighborhoods in the Bayview with our street tree plantings and with
      educational outreach. We are organizing 3 community greening projects
      to take place on Arbor Day, March 10th, 2007 from 9am until 1:30. That
      Saturday we will be holding a Tree Pruning Workshop, a Neighborhood
      Tree Planting, and a Native Garden Initiative. Willie Brown Academy on
      Silver and Revere will be our focal point for all the day's activities.
      All ages welcome!

      FUF is offering free street trees in the Bayview due to current
      funding; promotion of this project is key to its success. Please pass
      the word! To get a street tree please send in your application by
      February 9th. Applications can be found here:
      http://www.fuf.net/tree_plantings/forms.html. Let us know if you would
      like to help in the school garden as we plant native trees and shrubs.
      If you would like to take part in the free pruning class (9:00 to noon)
      please RSVP. For more information contact suzanne@..., 561-6890
      x101.

      --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, "bayview94124" <mendellapt@...>
      wrote:

      > Friends of the Urban Forest (www.fuf.net) has scheduled a planting in
      > Bayview on Saturday March 10th to coincide with Arbor Day observances.
      >
      > Volunteers will plant trees and native shrubs at the Willie Brown
      > School at Revere & Rankin. There will also be a tree pruning demo.
      >
      > Sidewalk trees will also be planted for property owners who apply by
      > Feb. 1st. Sidewalk trees are free for Bayview (& Vis. Valley)
      property
      > owners through FUF, some streets are the jurisdiction of Urban
      Forester

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 9, 2007
        FYI. For Bayview property owners, the deadline to apply for a FREE
        sidewalk tree (excluding DPW maintained streets) has been extended to
        Tues 2/13 for the planting 3/10/07.

        Looks like we'll be getting 4 to 6 new trees on Jerrold, 1 or 2 on
        Kirkwood, and a half dozen more scattered around Revere, Ingerson &
        Thornton.

        -----------------------------

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 16, 2007
          There was a meeting last night for volunteers and people getting free
          FUF street trees March 10th. Looks like we'll have new trees planted
          on Jerrold, Kirkwood, Revere, Newcomb, Ingerson, Underwood, McKinnon
          & Thornton. (& more places)

          Besides planting volunteers they could use a truck owner to volunteer
          for 2 hours Sat. March 10th in the morning to drop off trees early.
          They have 2 trucks volunteered already. Spread the word, and feel
          free to sign up to help plant and get to meet the neighbors.

          Mei Ling is the FUF planting manager this time... 415.561.6890 x111.

          wrote:

          > FYI. For Bayview property owners, the deadline to apply for a FREE
          > sidewalk tree (excluding DPW maintained streets) has been extended
          > Tues 2/13 for the planting 3/10/07.
          >
          > Looks like we'll be getting 4 to 6 new trees on Jerrold, 1 or 2 on
          > Kirkwood, and a half dozen more scattered around Revere, Ingerson &
          > Thornton.
          >
          > -----------------------------
          > To get a street tree please send in your application by
          > > February 9th. Applications can be found here:
          > > http://www.fuf.net/tree_plantings/forms.html. Let us know if you
          > would
          > > like to help in the school garden as we plant native trees and
          > shrubs.
          > > If you would like to take part in the free pruning class (9:00 to
          > noon)
          > > please RSVP. For more information contact suzanne@, 561-6890
          > > x101.
          > >
          > > --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, "bayview94124"
          <mendellapt@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Friends of the Urban Forest (www.fuf.net)

        • Ivan T
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
            You guys are superheroes. Sorry we couldnt join you
            but we had a prior engagement.

            Ivan and Liz

            http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
              Anyone who can keep an eye on the trees is a hero.

              Everyone appreciate the trees as you go by and if one is in distress
              contact Friends of the Urban Forest for emergency tree care through
              www.fuf.net or if it's after hours, contact me or another volunteer.

              Some emergencies can be handled by everyone. This morning one of the
              trees on Jerrold was torn out and dumped 3 doors down in a side yard.
              Before I could even get my shovel and gloves, Nina had looked out her
              window, noticed it missing, and enlisted her daughter to get it back
              in the ground! Hopefully it wasn't uprooted for long, and thankfully
              it was a cool foggy morning. If it hadn't been found, we would have
              just planted another one. We're committed to greening the area!

              I'm ready to decorate the trees with jingle bells which will sound
              the alarm when someone messes with our trees. (or when the wind blows
              too hard.)

              Matt

              --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Ivan T <hulagun66@...> wrote:

              You guys are superheroes. Sorry we couldnt join you but we had a
              prior engagement. Ivan and Liz
            • Elizabeth Dubuque
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
                are you kidding me! I will do my part. Any idea who
                has the rooster?
                Elizabeth
                --- bayview94124 <mendellapt@...> wrote:

                > Anyone who can keep an eye on the trees is a hero.
                >
                > Everyone appreciate the trees as you go by and if
                > one is in distress
                > contact Friends of the Urban Forest for emergency
                > tree care through
                > www.fuf.net or if it's after hours, contact me or
                > another volunteer.
                >
                > Some emergencies can be handled by everyone. This
                > morning one of the
                > trees on Jerrold was torn out and dumped 3 doors
                > down in a side yard.
                > Before I could even get my shovel and gloves, Nina
                > had looked out her
                > window, noticed it missing, and enlisted her
                > daughter to get it back
                > in the ground! Hopefully it wasn't uprooted for
                > long, and thankfully
                > it was a cool foggy morning. If it hadn't been
                > found, we would have
                > just planted another one. We're committed to
                > greening the area!
                >
                > I'm ready to decorate the trees with jingle bells
                > which will sound
                > the alarm when someone messes with our trees. (or
                > when the wind blows
                > too hard.)
                >
                > Matt
                >

                > --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Ivan T
                > <hulagun66@...> wrote:
                >
                > You guys are superheroes. Sorry we couldnt join you
                > but we had a
                > prior engagement. Ivan and Liz

                Get your own web address.
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
                  Question is... who's got the ear plugs!

                  Haven't heard the Rooster or Dog near you, but I know that Nina has.
                  Ahhh... country small town living.

                  There are 2 or 3 beautiful chicken's/roosters living at the park for over a year.

                  --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Dubuque <thinkelizabeth@...> wrote:

                  > are you kidding me! I will do my part. Any idea who
                  > has the rooster?
                  > Elizabeth
                  > --- bayview94124 <mendellapt@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Anyone who can keep an eye on the trees is a hero.
                  > >
                  > > Everyone appreciate the trees as you go by and if
                  > > one is in distress
                  > > contact Friends of the Urban Forest for emergency
                  > > tree care through
                  > > www.fuf.net or if it's after hours, contact me or
                  > > another volunteer.
                  > >
                  > > Some emergencies can be handled by everyone. This
                  > > morning one of the
                  > > trees on Jerrold was torn out and dumped 3 doors
                  > > down in a side yard.
                  > > Before I could even get my shovel and gloves, Nina
                  > > had looked out her
                  > > window, noticed it missing, and enlisted her
                  > > daughter to get it back
                  > > in the ground! Hopefully it wasn't uprooted for
                  > > long, and thankfully
                  > > it was a cool foggy morning. If it hadn't been
                  > > found, we would have
                  > > just planted another one. We're committed to
                  > > greening the area!
                  > >
                  > > I'm ready to decorate the trees with jingle bells
                  > > which will sound
                  > > the alarm when someone messes with our trees. (or
                  > > when the wind blows
                  > > too hard.)
                  > >
                  > > Matt
                  > >

                  > > --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, Ivan T
                  > > <hulagun66@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > You guys are superheroes. Sorry we couldnt join you
                  > > but we had a
                  > > prior engagement. Ivan and Liz
                • Ferdinand Feria
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
                    Once in awhile when I am outside, I do hear some roosters crowing, I thought I was going crazy for awhile. Reminded me of my childhood days growing up in the islands. I kinda think it is kinda cool. Green Acres is a place I know .......

                    bayview94124 <mendellapt@...> wrote:
                    Question is... who's got the ear plugs!

                    Haven't heard the Rooster or Dog near you, but I know that Nina has.
                    Ahhh... country small town living.

                    There are 2 or 3 beautiful chicken's/roosters living at the park for over a year.

                    --- In betterbayview@ yahoogroups. com, Elizabeth Dubuque <thinkelizabeth@ ...> wrote:

                    > are you kidding me! I will do my part. Any idea who
                    > has the rooster?
                    > Elizabeth
                    > --- bayview94124 <mendellapt@ ...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Anyone who can keep an eye on the trees is a hero.
                    > >
                    > > Everyone appreciate the trees as you go by and if
                    > > one is in distress
                    > > contact Friends of the Urban Forest for emergency
                    > > tree care through
                    > > www.fuf.net or if it's after hours, contact me or
                    > > another volunteer.
                    > >
                    > > Some emergencies can be handled by everyone. This
                    > > morning one of the
                    > > trees on Jerrold was torn out and dumped 3 doors
                    > > down in a side yard.
                    > > Before I could even get my shovel and gloves, Nina
                    > > had looked out her
                    > > window, noticed it missing, and enlisted her
                    > > daughter to get it back
                    > > in the ground! Hopefully it wasn't uprooted for
                    > > long, and thankfully
                    > > it was a cool foggy morning. If it hadn't been
                    > > found, we would have
                    > > just planted another one. We're committed to
                    > > greening the area!
                    > >
                    > > I'm ready to decorate the trees with jingle bells
                    > > which will sound
                    > > the alarm when someone messes with our trees. (or
                    > > when the wind blows
                    > > too hard.)
                    > >
                    > > Matt
                    > >

                    > > --- In betterbayview@ yahoogroups. com, Ivan T
                    > > <hulagun66@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > You guys are superheroes. Sorry we couldnt join you
                    > > but we had a
                    > > prior engagement. Ivan and Liz

                    Don't pick lemons.
                    See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

                  • Elizabeth Dubuque
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 13, 2007
                      I am getting used to the rooster myself and reminds us
                      of our trips that we have taken to Kauai.