RAB Tech Subcommittee mtg TONIGHT

  • Kristine Enea
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2007
      Hi all,

      The RAB Technical Subcommittee meets tonight from 6pm-8pm at the Southeast Center, 1800 Oakdale @ Phelps.

      RAB stands for the Shipyard's Restoration Advisory Board, a citizen group overseeing the Navy's environmental cleanup.

      Here is the agenda, also attached:

      I. Welcome/Introductions/Agenda review

      II. Approval of the 10/11/07 Meeting

      III. Historical Review of HV-12
      a. City justification for abnormally high air quality readings
      b. Navy’s justification for abnormally high air quality readings

      IV. Navy requested to enforce I5 mph speed limit on USNB
      (Cal/EPA-Air Resources Board)

      V. Enforcement of Base Speed laws; SFPD
      (Michael Cohen, Director, Base Reuse and Development)

      VI. Field testing of soil of Naval Base and City streets
      a. EPA confirmation samples of soil

      VII. Best Methods for Street/Dust Clean-up
      a. Using fire hoses to wash down street
      b. Problems related to run-off using fire hoses
      (San Francisco Bay Regional Water Quality Control Bd.)
      c. Use standard Street Cleaning Trucks
      d. Problems related to the maintenance and compliance
      of agreed upon terms and/or strategies

      VIII. New Meeting
      a. Date
      b. Review of Parcel B & Amendments to the ROD

      Please attend if you can.

      If you would like to be added to the RAB's email distribution list, please write to Carolyn Hunter at Carolyn.Hunter@....

      Thanks!
      Kristine