Fwd: Zipcar and Flexcar Agree to Merge

  • Community Melita
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2007
      Subject: Zipcar and Flexcar Agree to Merge
      Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:14:50 GMT

      Melita,

      Sure, change is good. But sometimes it's really, really good! Today we announced that we will be merging with Flexcar. After a bunch of years spreading the car sharing word separately, we finally realized that we'd be better off as one big, happy family. In fact, this merger will ensure the viability and success of one of the most important urban transportation innovations in recent history!

      What this means to YOU is better driver's insurance (effective November 1st, members over the age of 21 are covered up to $300,000 instead of the state minimum) AND more Zipcars!

      You'll have more cars to choose from in San Francisco, and even more cities to reserve them in, like Philadelphia, Seattle, Portland and Atlanta.

      Over the next few months we'll be turning Flexcars into Zipcars, and we'll keep you posted on the 'wheres' and 'whens'. In the meantime, if you want to learn more, you can read the press release at http://www.zipcar.com/press

      We're very excited to welcome Flexcar into our family and to continue working to make car sharing an option for more and more people. We know our success has been because of our members (you!) and we thank you for that. We promise you that we will stay the Zipcar you've come to depend on... there's really nothing more important to us than that.

      All of us here at Zipcar.

      P.S. If you have any questions, please check out our Q&A at http://www.zipcar.com/help/merger If you have some thoughts you'd like to share, as always, we want to hear from you. Email us at merger@...

      zipcar | wheels when you want them (TM)

      Need help? Give our member help center a whirl. Visit
      http://www.zipcar.com/help

      Did you know your membership works in all Zipcar cities? Zip in Boston,
      Chicago, London, New York, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver and Washington, DC.

      NOTE: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that does
      not accept replies.

    • Community Melita