CARGO WAY STREETSCAPE PROJECT November 7th, 2007. 6-8pm

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2007
      Please join the Redvelopment Agency and Port of San Francisco for a
      community workshop to discuss conceptual design alternatives for
      Cargo Way in the India Basin Industrial Park project area. Cargo
      Way is part of the regional Bay Trail and the city's Blue Greenway,
      and helps support the industrial and maritime uses in the area. Help
      us improve this important street. Please see the attached flyer for
      more information.

      CARGO WAY STREETSCAPE PROJECT
      Public Workshop

      Wednesday, November 7th
      6:00 - 8:00pm

      City College of San Francisco - Evans Campus
      1400 Evans Avenue (at Mendell)
      Room 227A - second floor

      Funding for this project provided by the Association of Bay Area
      Governments (ABAG)

      Kelley Kahn
      Senior Planner
      San Francisco Redevelopment Agency
      1 South Van Ness Avenue, Fifth Floor
      San Francisco, CA 94103
      415.749.2419 [direct]
      415.749.2585 [fax]

      (See attached PDF in the files section of the group:
      Cargo Way November 7, 2007)
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2007
        Hope to see some of you there tonight!
        -Matt
        --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, "bayview94124" <mendellapt@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 9, 2007
          It was a really great meeting. (and convenient and in a nice
          building) Very informative and fun to participate in the discussion
          of what options are better. They presented 3 designs and asked for
          comments which we could write on the drawings.

          The most popular option was the one that added a 2 way bike lane on
          the south side of Cargo and kept a landscaped center median. There
          would be two lanes each way for cars and trucks, and of course, a
          sidewalk for pedestrians on both sides.

          All 3 plans had no parking either side and included 2 bike lanes and
          sidewalks north and south. The alternate plans included one with no
          center median, and one with 2 separate bike lanes, one north one
          south side. Hard to describe. If I get a picture I'll share it.

          Cargo Way ends at Herons Head Park. What an interesting stretch of
          waterfront. Eventually the information will be online and when I get
          the URL I'll post it here. - Matt