Halloween Here and There

  • Jeffrey Betcher
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2007
      Hi Neighbors - I'm bucking my longstanding tradition of going to the
      Castro on Halloween in favor of helping with a safe-block event here
      in the Bayview. We're getting pretty excited on Quesada, and as
      always anyone and everyone is welcome.

      As we've been working on the event, we've heard of a few other events
      that have happened in past years. I was wondering if any one else on
      the Better Bayview list knows of something happening on the 31st this
      year. I'd love to reach out to neighbors and organizers to see if
      there are ways to help each other succeed.

      Here's the list I've developed thus far:

      - Linda and Dan (Revere) have decorated and encouraged kids to come
      by in years past. Linda just told me they aren't doing their event
      this year.

      - The YMCA (Lane and Quesada) did an event last year - I left a
      message with Gina for an update.

      - A block on Palou has done something for a couple years. Anyone
      know who the organizer is?

      - The Bayview Mission collects costumes for kids who can't afford
      them.

      - The Hunters Point Gym (Kiska), Cornerstone Baptist Church, and 21st
      Century Academy have hosted events in the past.

      Any additions, corrections, tips would be really helpful. Happy
      Halloween!
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2007
        This from the Grace Cathedral Website...

        Halloween Party 2007 at Bayview Mission:
        Calling All Ghosts, Princesses and Goblins!
        ---------------------------------------
        School is back in session, fall is upon us and Halloween is just
        around the corner. The Bayview Mission Ministry is accepting
        donations of new or slightly worn Halloween costumes, candy and
        paraphernalia.

        Some families in Bayview/Hunters Point neighborhood cannot afford
        costumes of any sort. Many schools celebrate Halloween by having
        costume day. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the children of the
        Bayview/Hunters Point community could show up to school wearing a
        costume?

        You can help make this happen. Whether it be Harry Potter, Dora the
        Explorer, a witch, a ghost, a mask, or a ballerina anything helps.
        Also, flashlights with batteries, treat bags, decorations, and of
        course candy are great items to donate. Please help the children of
        Bayview/Hunters Point have a memorable Halloween.

        If you have any questions please contact Gina James at (415) 749-6328
        or ginaj@...

        --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Betcher" <jeffrey@...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2007
          Great pictures on the QGI website from Halloween. Visit QGI for the
          full story.
          A few pix added to the Q.G.I. folder on this group.