Warning about Pitbull on the Loose along with District 10 Dog Meet up Notice

  • ann dejesus
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2013
      [Repost from India Basin listserv]
      Be very careful, it is dangerous to humans and dogs. I have heard of 2 other run ins, other than mine. It appears out of nowhere, is extremely aggressive.
      keep dogs on leash and call acc emergency immediately if spotted.. 415-554-9400
      I first heard of it 2 days ago, there was another siting and run in this morning at the end of aurelious walker on the path."

      Monthly dog meet up at Candlestick Park at 10:00 a.m.

      My dogs are chomping at the bit over dusting it up with your 4-legged pal(s). They are even giving permission to humans without dogs joining in on this community building!

      We'll all be beyond happy to have you join us!

    • ivan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2013
        Aggressive dog concerns shouldn't be taken lightly. I or my dog have been "jumped" and it's a horrible feeling when it happens. Getting the dogs apart or away from you is simplest with pepper spray which is non-fatal. Consider carrying pepper spray or a stout stick when out walking.

        Anyone know if there any proof this really was a pit bull? We all know they often take the rap for many dog attacks by other breeds or mutts.

        Ivan

        ps - Ann, "dusting it up" was a confusing choice of words in a post containing news of a dog attack. It took me a couple reads to figure out you meant it as "frolicking". :-D