9/12/07 BHP Streets and Traffic Meeting - Wednesday 630pm

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2007
      Hope to see some of you there. I think there's a PAC meeting same
      building, but 1/2 hour earlier.

      Matt
      --- In betterbayview@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Betcher" <jeffrey@...>
      wrote:

      > …trashy sidewalks and commercial dumping…street violence and fear…
      > parking and traffic…the impact of the T-Third…greening and
      > beautification…
      > Serious issues confront us when we walk out our Bayview Hunters
      Point front doors and onto the street.
      > Last June, residents met to hear about the Better Streets Plan, a
      > City plan to create a unified set of standards for streets and
      rights- of-way. Quesada Gardens Initiative organizers, who hosted the
      > meeting, promised to make sure participants got an update about
      what happened to all the ideas we gave the City then. This
      Wednesday, we'll get that update from urban planning experts and
      City officials, and everyone will have another opportunity to express
      concerns. Please come!

      Wednesday, September 12th promptly at 6:30
      Southeast Community Facility Alex Pitcher Community Room
      1800 Oakdale Ave. @ Phelps

      Related Discussions:
      - What happened to the traffic-calming plan for east of Third
      Street? - How will traffic and streetscapes be affected by a stadium
      at Hunters Point? The dream – Bayview Hunters Point streets that are
      memorable, engaging, safe, accessible, healthy, attractive, fun and
      convenient is within reach!
      > Everyone is welcome! We'll honor the value of your time! See you
      > Wednesday evening!! See the notes from the last meeting on the
      Quesada Gardens site.