Re: [betterbayview] Books Books Books

  • Michael Hamman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2013
      I love books!  What time may I stop by tomorrow?
      Michael Hamman
      702 Earl Street
      San Francisco, CA 94124
      415-643-1376 Office
      415-265-0954 Cell
      mhamman@...

      On 6/26/2013 6:44 PM, Alex Lantsberg wrote:

      We're cleaning out in preparation for our temporary move and getting rid of books. Lots of books. We've got the classics, some great coffee table books, and books on various topics including economics, planning, nature, art, philosophy, and all sorts of other cool stuff. I have a tough time getting rid of stuff but these things have got to go. Come and get 'em!

    • Vaughn, Carla
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 27, 2013

        Maybe the New Bayview Library could use them?????

        Carla V.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
          The books are in "well-handled" condition and probably too worn for the library.  Here's a list.

          Perhaps College Track, the Urban Ed Academy, or the B&G Club will take them?

          Author Title
          Al Franken The Truth
          Aldous Huxley The Perennial Philosophy
          Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn The Gulag Archipelago
          Arthur C. Clarke Childhood's End
          Arundhati Roy The God of Small Things
          Bruce Laurie Artisans into Workers
          Buckminster Fuller No More Secondhand God
          Carl Jung Man and His Symbols
          Cohen & Doner The Chinese Way of Healing
          David Rees my new fighting technique is unstoppable
          David Robertson West of Eden
          Frederick Forsyth The Day of the Jackal
          Frijtof Capra The Tao of Physics
          Gabriel Garcia Marquez Love In the Time of Cholera
          Hardt & Negri Empire
          Henry Baum Oscar Caliber Gun
          Henry David Thoreau Walden and Civil Disobedience
          Henry James Washington Square
          Herman Hesse Siddhartha
          Homer The Iliad
          Hunter S. Thompson Generation of Swine
          Ian McGreal Great Thinkers of the Eastern World
          James Baldwin Jimmy's Blues
          James Howard Kunstler The Geography of Nowhere
          James Joyce Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
          Jane Holz Kay Asphalt Nation
          JD Salinger The Catcher in the Rye
          Jean Thompson Who Do You Love
          John McPhee The Second John McPhee Reader
          John Steinbeck Travels with Charly
          John Steinbeck Cannery Row
          John Steinbeck Burning Bright
          John Steinbeck The Moon is Down
          John Updike Rabbit at Rest
          John Updike The Centraur
          John Updike Pigeon Feathers
          Joseph Campbell Myths to Live By
          Joseph Heller Catch-22
          Julie Macintosh Dethroning the King
          Kurt Vonnegut 3-in-1: Cat's Cradle; God Bless You, Ms. Rosewater; Breakfast of Champions
          Kurt Vonnegut Bluebeard
          Lewis Mumford The Pentagon of Power
          McLuhan & Parker Through the Vanishing Point
          Paul Theroux The Great Railway Bazaar
          Pauline Reage Story of O
          Peter Hall The Cities of Tomorrow
          Ralph Ellison Invisible Man
          Ram Dass The Only Dance There Is
          Richard Heffner A Documentary History of the United States
          Robert Pollin Contours of Descent
          Shodes/Finestone/Shugrue The Conscious Reader
          Studs Terkel American Dreams Lost and Found
          Thomas More Utopia
          Upton Sinclair The Jungle
          William Mandel Saying No to Power
          Woeffle-Erskine, Cole, Allen Dispatches from the Water Underground
          Woody Allen 3-in-1: without feathers, getting even, side effects
          Prado Museum I

          On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Vaughn, Carla <CVaughn@...> wrote:

          Maybe the New Bayview Library could use them?????

          Carla V.

          We're cleaning out in preparation for our temporary move and getting rid of books. Lots of books. We've got the classics, some great coffee table books, and books on various topics including economics, planning, nature, art, philosophy, and all sorts of other cool stuff. I have a tough time getting rid of stuff but these things have got to go. Come and get 'em!

        • Jill Fox
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013

            You can contact Friends of the Library. They accept used book donations, which they sell to raise money for library programs throughout the city. You get a tax deduction, people get to buy books cheap, and a good non-profit raises money.

            Jill Fox