Re: [betterbayview] Power lines sparking

  • mhamman
    Message 1 of 7 , May 26, 2013
      The transformer blew up at 9:30 AM at 4:00 PM wires still in sidewalk n
      NO crew from PG+E. The Bayview is always last to get service. I'll bet the have power restored in the other areas.

      From: Diego Castellani <deecastellani@...>
      Sender: betterbayview@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 15:38:12 -0700
      To: betterbayview@yahoogroups.com<betterbayview@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: betterbayview@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [betterbayview] Power lines sparking

      We rarely have fog in District 10 but it can happen even in May!

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 26, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Carol Bassetti <carolbassetti@...> wrote:

      I was in Sunnyside this morning and it was very very wet. The traffic lights at the 280 entrance / exit were out. Sometimes people forget that we have micro climates. Although Monterey Blvd is just one exit away from the Bayview on 280 the weather can change drastically just one short distance away from where you are.

      From: Chris Waddling <cawaddling@...>
      To: "Better Bayview Yahoo" <betterbayview@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sunday, May 26, 2013, 1:47 PM

      I guess if it seems like its a threat to your safety, then yes, probably wouldn't hurt to call.  Is wet weather that much of an anomaly in SF that that's the reason for this?
      Ours were making crackling noises this morning but no sparks. Should I call if it happens again? Sent from my Windows Phone
      From: Chris Waddling Sent: 5/26/2013 1:22 PMTo: Better Bayview Yahoo Subject: [betterbayview] Power lines sparking
      As of 12:15 today, there are 6 total power outages affecting 3,000 customers in the Sunset, Richmond and Bayview Districts in San Francisco. PGE is bringing in extra crews from the East Bay to assist.

      Situation Summary - The wet weather is affecting the power lines causing the lines to spark.

      Thanks,

      Chris Waddling (via Supervisor Cohen)