Re: Bayview Shelter

  • ximena ares
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2013
      Thank you, Bevan, for your message.

      There is no question that the shelter helps the people that go there.  The question is whether you, as a resident of the Bayview, feel comfortable riding a bus where the only one that's not homeless is you.  Or, whether you feel comfortable going to a restaurant or walking at night with your children where the only other people out on the street that night are homeless.  Whether you would feel like going out of your house and enjoying your neighborhood in those conditions, which are the actual conditions, even before any shelter expansion.

      I take your offer to visit the shelter if you take my offer to take the Muni T-line at 8 or 9pm from downtown to the Bayview, or to walk on 3rd street and around the shelter at 8pm.

      Thank you for considering.

      Best,
      Ximena Ares.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2013
        Sounds good.

        It has to be just you and me.  The reason is it will not be the same feeling if we go with a delegation of more than 2 people that makes it safer.  In other words, one thing is to go out as a single person, or two; and a very different thing is to go with a group of 10 people that would make you feel safer.  I wish you could experience it as a single woman, but there is nothing we can do about that ; )

        Best,
        Ximena.

        You’ve got a deal! Nima will set us up on evenings that work for us both.

        http://www.sfgov.org/HOPE