Bayview Footprints Presents: San Francisco Transportation Plan 2040
Bayview Footprints Presents: San Francisco Transportation Plan 2040The San Francisco Transportation Plan (SFTP) is San Francisco’s transportation "Big Picture." It’s about improving transportation options in your neighborhood, for your business, and on your street—for a healthier, livelier San Francisco.
Wednesday, March 20
SF Public Library, Bayview Branch
5075 Third St
5:45 - 7:45PM
6 p.m. - Open House
6:15 - Welcome, introductions, and overview presentation
6:45 - Small group discussions:
- What are your top transportation needs?
- How should we prioritize available funding for operations, maintenance, programs, and projects?
The SFTP answers questions such as:
* When funding becomes available, how much should we provide to:
* Department of Public Works for street maintenance?
* SFMTA to install traffic signal priority or install new bikeways?
* BART or Caltrain to improve stations or service in San Francisco?
* What innovations can the SF County Transportation Authority advance to address gaps in the transportation system?
* should we pursue partnerships with the private sector to help manage transportation demand, or
* should we focus on better regional-to-local connections in our transportation system?
For more details about tomorrow night’s meeting, visit http://bayviewfootprints-sftp.eventbrite.com/ or contact:
Chris Waddling (D10 Rep, SFCTA-CAC), 415-810-7556
Jeffrey Betcher (Bayview Footprints), 415-822-8082
Event Organized by Bayview Footprints
Bayview Footprints is an online resource hub for San Francisco's Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood. The tools Footprints provides - the community calendar, community search engine and interactive maps - help you connect with the neighborhood and are part of a community building vision that emerged from the Bayview Footprints Network of Community Building Groups, a network of groups facilitated by the Quesada Gardens Initiative <http://quesadagardens.org/>