Bayview Footprints Presents: San Francisco Transportation Plan 2040

  • Chris Waddling
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2013
      Bayview Footprints Presents: San Francisco Transportation Plan 2040 The San Francisco Transportation Plan (SFTP) is San Francisco’s transportation "Big Picture." It’s about improving transportation options in your neighborhood, for your business, and on your street—for a healthier, livelier San Francisco.

      Wednesday, March 20
      SF Public Library, Bayview Branch
      5075 Third St
      5:45 - 7:45PM

      Agenda:
      6 p.m.
      - Open House
      6:15 - Welcome, introductions, and overview presentation
      6:45 - Small group discussions:

      • What are your top transportation needs?
      • How should we prioritize available funding for operations, maintenance, programs, and projects?
      7:30 - Large group round-up

      The SFTP answers questions such as:

      * When funding becomes available, how much should we provide to:
           * Department of Public Works for street maintenance?
           * SFMTA to install traffic signal priority or install new bikeways?
           * BART or Caltrain to improve stations or service in San Francisco?
      * What innovations can the SF County Transportation Authority advance to address gaps in the transportation system?
           * should we pursue partnerships with the private sector to help manage transportation demand, or
           * should we focus on better regional-to-local connections in our transportation system?

      For more details about tomorrow night’s meeting, visit http://bayviewfootprints-sftp.eventbrite.com/  or contact:
      Chris Waddling (D10 Rep, SFCTA-CAC), 415-810-7556
      Jeffrey Betcher (Bayview Footprints), 415-822-8082

      Event Organized by Bayview Footprints
      Bayview Footprints is an online resource hub for San Francisco's Bayview Hunters Point neighborhood. The tools Footprints provides  - the community calendar, community search engine and interactive maps - help you connect with the neighborhood and are part of a community building vision that emerged from the Bayview Footprints Network of Community Building Groups, a network of groups facilitated by the Quesada Gardens Initiative <http://quesadagardens.org/>