Re: [betterbayview] City College Online Petition

  • Michael Hamman
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
      You are not completely wrong.  The decisions governing the college are made by the Board of Trustees  and THEY are indeed elected.  Unfortunately few pay attention to those races (How many members can you name?) and the quality of the Trustees suffers accordingly.  You end up with folks like Chris Jackson on board and bad decisions are sure to follow.

      Perhaps in the next election you can help to shine some light on the candidates for Trustee, that is, if City College lasts that long.
      Michael Hamman
      702 Earl Street
      San Francisco, CA 94124
      415-643-1376 Office
      415-265-0954 Cell
      mhamman@...

      On 2/22/2013 1:21 PM, Clincy Latimer wrote:
      It looks like I'm completely wrong about this because CCSF is an independent entity from the city.  Oops!!

      I still think the principle applies.  :-)

      On 2/22/13 12:07 PM, Clincy Latimer wrote:

      Hi All,

      Elected officials at all levels of government these days are simply not
      doing the will of the people and the country is suffering greatly as a
      result. A great case in point is the current City College fiasco. The
      only way to get the elected officials to listen to us instead of the
      wealthy and corporations is to threaten to terminate their employment.
      Therefore, I've started a petition on change.org:

      San Francisco Mayor and Board of Supervisors: Fix the City College
      problem NOW or I will be unable to vote for ANY of you again.

      In a time of budget surpluses and the spending of billions of dollars on
      a new two mile subway, it is unacceptable that there is even the
      possibility of City College closing.

      Please join this campaign if you agree:
      http://www.change.org/petitions/san-francisco-mayor-and-board-of-supervisors-fix-the-city-college-problem-now-or-i-will-be-unable-to-vote-for-any-of-you-again?share_id=kbQknMEXHR&utm_campaign=mailto_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

      Thanks.

      Clincy Latimer