The Fence Project | Update

  • Chris Buck
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2012
    Hi Better Bayview-ers.

    A couple of months ago we reached out about a Fence Project on the 1600 Block of Palou. We were raising money to rebuild a dilapidated fence on our block. A few Better Bayview-ers generously contributed along with a number of neighbors on our block and a business around the corner on 3RD—and we're very grateful.

    Well, we're making great progress on the project and we're just $280.85 shy of covering the costs. Wanted to put out one last plea for donations.

    Here's a progress report on the project that your donation will help complete:

    :: The empty lot's dilapidated fence, that according to long-time residents on our block has been in various states of disrepair for decades, has been removed and the debris has been hauled away.

    :: The fence has been rebuilt by a few neighbors on our block who volunteered their time and professional skills to rebuild the fence.

    :: The new fence has been sanded and stained by a couple of other neighbors who volunteered their time.

    :: The materials were procured from the Bayview Lowe's and a resident of our block generously allowed us to tap into her employee discount.

    :: Now we're working on the typographic mural that will jazz up the new fence, slowly but surely, letter by letter. See the attched image for an initial peek.

    In the spirit of a "Better Bayview" won't you consider making a donation? We're just $280.85 shy of covering the costs. In exchange for your contribution to The Fence Project, you’ll get:

    :: 3RD STREET loot! The 3RD STREET t-shirts originally created as part of the "KEEP IT 3RD" campaign that Chris started shortly after the announcement a few years ago that Third was potentially going to be re-named. The t-shirts are available in Men’s L and XL and Women’s XL.

    :: More 3RD STREET loot! The 3RD STREET bumper stickers are a great addition to your bumper, bag, or bulletin board. KEEP IT 3RD!

    :: A tasty jar of "Palou Preserves" made by a Better Bayview-ew (who already contributed to the Fence Project, thanks Earl) with plums from our backyard.

    :: 3 fresh, tart lemons from our Palou Avenue backyard lemon tree

    To contribute to The Fence Project and receive your various loot please visit:
    http://www.sarahstangle.com/fenceproject.html

    $5 : 1 3RD ST Bumper Sticker

    $20 : 1 3RD ST T-Shirt

    $25 : 1 3RD ST T-Shirt + 2 3RD ST Bumper Stickers

    $30 : 1 3RD ST T-Shirt + 2 3RD ST Bumper Stickers + 1 jar of Palou Preserves

    $60 : 2 3RD ST T-Shirts + 4 3RD ST Bumper Stickers + 1 jar of Palou Preserves + 3 fresh lemons from our Palou Avenue backyard lemon tree

    100% of your contribution goes towards rebuilding the fence and making the Bayview better. In the event that we have money in excess of the cost of the materials, that excess would go directly to the 3 kind neighbors that dismantled the old fence and actually built the new one.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Sincerely,
    Sarah Stangle + Chris Buck
    1657 Palou Avenue