Re: [betterbayview] Bayview/Dogpatch Progressive Dinner

  • deecastellani@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2012
      Thanks Chris, I might be able to attend, I had already a meeting scheduled...

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jul 27, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Chris Waddling <cawaddling@...> wrote:

      I've been working the past few months to help put together a progressive dinner fundraiser to benefit the SF LGBT Center and the Bayview Opera House.

      Please consider yourselves invited, and invite friends to join in the good food and fun next Wednesday, Aug 1 from 6-9pm.

      Visit https://bayview-bistro-benefit.eventbrite.com/ for tickets and more information.

      Friends of the Gayview, 5800 Third and our partners
      invite you to
      Bayview Bistro Benefit

       Progressive Dining Benefiting
      the SF LGBT Center and Bayview Opera House
      Featuring some of the City’s best new restaurants,
      strengthening our neighborhoods:
      Limon Rotisserie / Radio Africa & Kitchen / Old Skool Café / Poquito

      When: 6pm-9pm, Wed, Aug. 1, 2012
      Where: Start at 5800 Third, the City's exciting new condominium property and home to Limón Rotisserie. With MUNI tix (provided) we then scoot to Radio Africa & Kitchen, and Poquito cafe, riding the 3rd Street Light Rail that is helping to bring a culinary renaissance and much more to the Bayview and Dogpatch neighborhoods.
      Cost: $45 per person; limit 50 attendees! $20 of the ticket price will be tax deductible.
      Benefit: Proceeds benefit the SF LGBT Center (www.sfcenter.org <http://www.sfcenter.org> ) and youth programs of the Bayview Opera House (www.bvoh.org <http://www.bvoh.org> ). Supporting organizations include the Friends of the Gayview, the 5800 Third Condominiums (www.5800Third.com) and each café.

      Here's more info from reviews from SF Chronicle, NYT, KQED, and Yelp:

      Limon Rotisserie
      "Well executed! Delectable roast chicken and Peruvian specialties like ensalada rusa (a traditional Peruvian root vegetable) and chicha morada, a non-alcoholic beverage made from purple corn that tastes like sweet berry juice. Expect a packed house on weekends.
      Limon Rotisserie 5800 Third St at Carroll San Francisco, CA 94124 www.limonrotisserie.com

      Radio Africa & Kitchen
      "Most venerable! North African cuisine with a California focus on fresh, local and seasonal ingredients. Items on the menu include crimini mushroom crostini with sugar peas and mint, as well as barramundi with mustard greens and saffron.
      Radio Africa & Kitchen 4800 3rd St at Oakdale San Francisco, CA 94124 www.radioafricakitchen.com

      Old Skool Café

      "5-star reviews…but the GREAT food and atmosphere will bring us back! Red Snapper Ceviche and Shrimp and Grits were delicious… the Gumbo …. the "Grexican" Burger sliders were (all) fantastic. Rebecca and Marcel entertained us with beautiful and upbeat singing and piano playing, so we wanted to stay all night.
      Old Skool 1429 Mendell St at Oakdale Ave San Francisco, CA 94124 www.oldskoolcafe.org
      Poquito Restaurant

      "Great service, solid food, excellent value. Our group shared a bunch of small plates and a few entrees, cocktails, dessert. We left stuffed and happy.  Beef empanadas and chorizo sliders were standouts.
      Poquito 2368 3rd St off 20th St San Francisco, CA 94107 www.poquitosf.com

      Chris Waddling