Fw: Flash Friday BBQ at Islais Creek Studios - Friday, August 3 from 6pm - 9pm

  • MarcEllen Hamel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2012

      Hello.  You are invited to Islais Creek Studios for a Flash Friday BBQ! Come see our studios, hang out and meet the sculptors and artists, see art and live demos. We will have food and drinks in our beautiful garden overlooking Islais Creek. Potluck and BYOB encouraged - bring a snack or drinks to share.

      One night only!

      Friday, August 3, 2012
      5pm - 9pm

      Islais Creek Studios
      1 Rankin Street
      San Francisco, CA 94124

      It's only 5 minutes from the Shipyard.  Hopefully a lot of artists from the Shipyard can come hang out with the artists at Islais Creek Studios!

      This event is supported by ArtSpan:

      Hosted by the artists themselves every other Friday during the summer months, these flash-casual mixers are the perfect spot to get an insider look at artist studios and spaces all over SF. ArtSpan is a proud supporter of Flash Friday Mixers in neighborhoods throughout the city. Kick off August in the Bayview with a BBQ by the water at Islais Creek Studios. Check out the amazing creations of artists and sculptors while enjoying something hot off the grill.

      Delicious food and drinks in the outdoor sculpture garden overlooking Islais Creek.

      Framing demo by artist Eileen Downey (Floor 2, Studio #206) at 7pm
      Hot & cold metal bending demo by artist Rebecca Fox
      MIG welding demo by Henry Ricci Sculpture

      Metal sculpture, Painting, Drawing, and Mixed media studios open with work on display from featured artists: Barbara Brodsky, Dorothy Connelly, Eileen Downey, Rebecca Fox, Barbara Heffeman, Alex MacLeitch, Henry Ricci Sculpture and Colette Standish

      Islais Creek Studios is located along beautiful Islais Creek in San Francisco. Artists work in a variety of material and mediums including metal sculpture, welding, blacksmithing, bronze sculpture, jewelry, stone sculpture, painting, drawing, photography and mixed media.

      Located near the 101 and 280 freeways and the Muni T-Third.
      Plenty of free parking!

      More info:
      http://artspan.org/events/03/08/2012/flash-friday-islais-creek-studios

      Hope to see you there!