Re: [betterbayview] not Bishop Triangle for sale

  • Jim Hunger
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 1, 2012
      Years ago, the triangle block between 3rd, Newhall and Hudson was a gas station. It's possible (i.e., likely) that there are still storage tanks below the surface. The guy who owns it had hoped to construct a condo (or apartment?) building on the lot. Awhile back the owner put it up for sale, apparently unable to bring his plans to fruition in the depressed market/economy. He wanted something in the range of $800,000 (+/-) for the property, including the plans for the building he intended to construct. I don't know how far along he was in the approval/permits process.  Here is a link to it on Trulia:  http://www.trulia.com/property/1085908573-4101-3rd-St-San-Francisco-CA-94124

      Apparently he was unresponsive to Kristen and Matt regarding the rental of the block for their pizza truck. I don't know if he is hoping for a better offer and doesn't want complications in the mix, but it's serving as a parking lot lately. For a while, he had a temporary cyclone fence set up to ameliorate problems of garbage dumping, illegal parking, etc.

      From: Sue Ellen Smith <asksuzy77@...>
      Date: March 29, 2012 2:35:16 PM PDT
      To: Michael Hamman <mhamman@...>
      Cc: Alex Lantsberg <lantsberg@...>, IBNA List <indiabasin@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Indiabasin] The Innes / Hudson / HP Blvd. Triangle is for sale

      Interesting that it's being listed by Zephyr Realty, as they normally specialize in "up scale" properties....who are they kidding here?

      On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Michael Hamman <mhamman@...> wrote:

      Oh Wow!  Only 400k for an un-buildable lot in a neighborhood where a real house costs 125K such a deal.
      Michael Hamman
      702 Earl Street
      San Francisco, CA 94124
      415-643-1376 Office
      415-265-0954 Cell
      mhamman@...

      On 3/29/2012 12:52 PM, Alex Lantsberg wrote:

      only $400K.

      View Listings

      Provided by:
      Theresa Sedell (Lic: 00668257)
      Zephyr Real Estate (Lic: 00707370)
      215 West Portal Ave.
      San Francisco, CA 94127
      Primary: 415-731-5000

      tmsedell@...

      View Listings link will be available for 30 days. If you do not see a link, copy this text to the address line in your browser:
      http://sfarmls.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dll?APPNAME=Sanfrancisco&PRGNAME=MLSLogin&ARGUMENT=MhJQceZI4X4BMrAl7rXqwUF3ldEIWAylEYPkP8flRHY%3D&KeyRid=1&Include_Search_Criteria=&CurrentSID=104734107

    • Jes Muse
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 1, 2012
        Matt was telling me last night that the owner of the Hudson triangle gets a boat load of money for that billboard. And cares little about doing anything else. That's a ridiculous amount of money for that lot but it is in the ballpark for that even smaller lot across the street from the south end of the triangle.

        About Bishop Triangle I found out yesterday from a co-worker who grew up in The Bayview that the Bishop family is not without the means to do work on the lot as one of their kids is in the NFL. Not sure what team though.

        If you start seeing flower boxes and vegetable boxes popping up around the neighborhood in random places and abandoned lots....don't ask me where they are coming from. ;-)

        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 1, 2012
          Desmond Bishop who went to City College then went to to CAL and was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in 86 and later won a Superbowl in 2010. I'm pretty sure that is his family . You never know ,if it is to beautify their old neighbor hood, they might just go for it. Is anybody giving classes on flower and vegetable boxes, my wife and I are thinking of getting that started on our backyard. Looking forward to the opening of All Good Pizza !

          Bud